Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anther car thread!

Got a positive test result back so it looks like we are going from 3 to 4. Which means I need a new car! I seriously will do anything for a new car

I have been looking at a chevy suburban and gmc yukon.

What do you like better and why?

Do you have any other suggestion?

What car will have over 4 carseat latches?

Also I would love space in the bak--not only for storage but I do not want the backs to be up against the window or back of the car--I am paranoid!

Tia

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Go for the suburban! It is really the only one that has three rows and cargo space.

I do love my minivan though and it uses way less gas.

Congrats! 4 is so much fun!

Last edited by Prettylocks; 08-17-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Are you comparing it to a GMC Yukon XL or just the Yukon which is comparable to the Tahoe. I f the XL then I would go with the GMC. We had 2 Suburbans store ordering our GMC Savanna. I loved them but once we hit 6 kids it was too small.

You can get more upgrades on the GMCs than the Chevys, which is why we ordered the GMC Savanna versus the Chevy Express. If you are looking more at upgrades then the Yukon XL but if not the Suburban. The Suburban will be a little cheaper than the Yukon on base models.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anther car thread!

Yukon XL bc of the extra storage and space in the back.

I was noticing that the subarban models did not have much inside. I am not sure which upgrades a family member had in the suburban but it seemed like she had everything.

I know the GMC tend to be upgrade galore.

Things that I would definately want are:
rear camera for backing out
satelitte radio

what other upgrades or things do you feel is important. Daily we tend to only drive around town but every 2 weeks or so we have a 2 hr plus ride with young kids.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

When we ordered out GMC Savanna we got the upgraded console, 6 CD sound system, power everything, tow package, factory darkened glass everywhere, 2 screen DVD system with wireless headphones, dual control real heat/ air, sliding side door. Basically if it was an upgrade option we got it because we planned to drive the van until it gives out. I was trading from a Suburban so it also wasn't such a shock with all the upgrades. We have had it 5 years now and put 109,000 miles on it and it has not had any problems, knock on wood!
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=7 for now;15561692]When we ordered out GMC Savanna we got the upgraded console, 6 CD sound system, power everything, tow package, factory darkened glass everywhere, 2 screen DVD system with wireless headphones, dual control real heat/ air, sliding side door. Basically if it was an upgrade option we got it because we planned to drive the van until it gives out. I was trading from a Suburban so it also wasn't such a shock with all the upgrades. We have had it 5 years now and put 109,000 miles on it and it has not had any problems, knock on wood![/QUOT]

How do you like driving a van that big?

Last edited by dagmomma; 08-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought an Odyssey knowing I want four. We are still trying to decide what to get for DH though. He is between a Pilot and a second Odyssey, and we are leaning towards a second Odyssey so we can get the jogger in the back with all the seats up. Right now, he drives an Accord with 3 kiddos, but it will get replaced before #4 makes an appearance.

I prefer electric sliding doors with kiddos. It is nice to open the sliding door from inside the house, and have the kids just run out, esp when its raining or I'm carrying lots of stuff. And, sliding doors don't ding other people's cars in the parking lot.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 08-18-2012 at 07:11 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love my Town and Country mini van, good gas mileage and the automatic doors are amazing! One downside is only 3 carseat latches but for us this is #3 so it's fine for our family. We were debating about SUV or van and decided on van because of the automatic doors and the "stow n' go" floor storage. The PP said it all about the doors, it just rocks to have sliding doors! The storage helps to keep my car organized and I have extra space for toys, baby carriers and sweaters.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I love my Town and Country mini van, good gas mileage and the automatic doors are amazing! One downside is only 3 carseat latches but for us this is #3 so it's fine for our family. We were debating about SUV or van and decided on van because of the automatic doors and the "stow n' go" floor storage. The PP said it all about the doors, it just rocks to have sliding doors! The storage helps to keep my car organized and I have extra space for toys, baby carriers and sweaters.
I LOVEEEEEE my Town & Country we're buying a "bus" (pasenger van) next year am I am sad to see it go The third row in vans has better access. I looked at suburbans becuase I wanted AWD but we had little kids that would have to be in the third row and it was a pain
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I am seriously going to have to look at a mini van. DH is not on board but I think once he sees how nice they are and the difference in gas he will be. A double jogging stroller will fit in the back?

I remember listening to a sports talk radio show and a former pro athlete was talking about how his honda odyssy has everything a cadillac escalade has. They were all joking and laughing bc the other guys agreed.