Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Is my DD starting her period???

Ok you'd THINK this would be obvious but I am confused. My oldest dd (10 years, 8 months) went #2 and called me in and there was blood in the toilet. So I am like hmm....I checked both "areas" down there and both look fine. So waited a bit and asked her to pee and wipe and she's like "I don't have to pee" and I'm like "force some out anyway!" LOL. So she did and there's a hint of pink on the toilet paper. So does this sound like the start of her period? I know when I get my period I'll often have soft stools and it sometimes starts like that (only when you pee or poop), but then gets heavier. But I can't remember the first time. If it wasn't for the #2 it'd be obvious, but the #2 makes me suspicious that the blood could have come from there, so that's why I had her pee. What do you think? Oh and her undies are clear.

She starts middle school on Wednesday. if it is her period, how's that for timing? lol, poor thing. I'm excited, anxious, and feel bad for her all at the same time!

P.S. Sorry for TMI!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is my DD starting her period???

I'd keep an eye on it of course

and get her some chocolates and some squishy mama cloth (I guess in this case it's girly cloth)
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it is, I will say I've been expecting it for a while now. She has been so moody-crying over everything!

Yes, cute girly cloth! I'll have to let her choose some prints if that is really her period. Then I'll want some new ones too, haha. I see an order in my future!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd guess probably not, just because I remember waiting for my period to start, and freaking out any time I saw blood on the TP, but it was just from a BM. When my period actually started, there was no doubting it lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 08-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Yes, it sounds like it to me. I started when I was about her age, and it was exactly like that. There was just a little bit on my undies, and some when i wiped. it stayed really light until I was about 12 or 13.

I knew what a period was, but I remember being so embarrassed. I took the underwear that had blood on them and threw them in the trash can outside so no one would see them.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

hmm..I guess time will tell! If it's not her period, then should I be worried, b/c it was quite a bit of blood mixed in the toilet with her poop.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
hmm..I guess time will tell! If it's not her period, then should I be worried, b/c it was quite a bit of blood mixed in the toilet with her poop.
That sounds more like a hemorrhoid thing, then. Has she been having discharge leading up to this?

Oh and I wouldn't be too worried, unless it keeps happening.
Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
Ok you'd THINK this would be obvious but I am confused. My oldest dd (10 years, 8 months) went #2 and called me in and there was blood in the toilet. So I am like hmm....I checked both "areas" down there and both look fine. So waited a bit and asked her to pee and wipe and she's like "I don't have to pee" and I'm like "force some out anyway!" LOL. So she did and there's a hint of pink on the toilet paper. So does this sound like the start of her period? I know when I get my period I'll often have soft stools and it sometimes starts like that (only when you pee or poop), but then gets heavier. But I can't remember the first time. If it wasn't for the #2 it'd be obvious, but the #2 makes me suspicious that the blood could have come from there, so that's why I had her pee. What do you think? Oh and her undies are clear.

She starts middle school on Wednesday. if it is her period, how's that for timing? lol, poor thing. I'm excited, anxious, and feel bad for her all at the same time!

P.S. Sorry for TMI!
My dd was 8 and had bloody potty after she went and it turned out to be a raging bladder infection but she had no pain to complain about so it got real bad (to the point of bleeding) before we knew anything was wrong. We thought period too. She is now 11 and 1 day and still no AF so I am positive it was from her bladder infection. Only one she has ever had. Just something to consider.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
Jomoma
Registered Users
seller

Sometimes people can get anal fissures from passing of large or hard stool. This can cause bleeding too.
Jomoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stool was not hard..it was very soft (so gross, haha)

I haven't paid too much attention to her undies but I do notice some discharge sometimes when I'm putting them in the wash.

Bladder infection-good point! I will keep an eye out for that. She tends to hold her pee and has since she was a teeny one and I am constantly telling her not to do that, but she hates using public restrooms, so she'll just hold it. But she hasn't left the house in 3 days, so she probably hasn't been holding her pee.

She has "breast buds" and wears a training bra-has for quite some time (well she just started wearing the training bra, after a LONG time of her refusing), and she just started getting some pimples here and there. She was so funny with the pimples and was like "mom,what are these bumps on my face?" and I told her they were pimples and she was like "NOOOOOOO they can't be pimples, they must be something else!" she's so dramatic lol.

She's just been laying in her bed ALL DAY today with her ipod except to eat and for a little bit of time I forced her out. She's being so lazy, and totally reminds me of me at her age LOL. Oh man, love the tween years! They are full of excitement!

And I gotta say I am so happy that she comes to me about these things, no matter if its her period or not.