Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is my DD starting her period???

it could be. id just watch her. i didnt start until i was 16 lol so i was shocked when my sis asked me to make pads and a wetbag for my EIGHT year old niece bc she thinks she will start soon they are still just babies...until they are 12 at least lol.

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Possibly? Obviously you know to keep an eye on things. Blood in the toilet could be anal fissures (as someone else mentioned) and they could have happened previously but be agitated by loose stool.

You could have her wear panty liners to protect her underwear and give you and idea where the blood is coming from.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Did not read all responses but I remember my very first period. It was very very light. I could have gone the entire first period without anything. For a few days the toilet paper would be slightly pink like you said but undies clear. Then a tiny bit in undies for a few days and that was it. A month later however there was no doubt. Poor girl with the timing of it.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Btw - I started mine in 6th grade, and the day before I had dark discharge. Like old blood. Only I was Terrified bc I was watching an Oprah episode about feminine hygiene and types of discharge. And dark was supposed to be really bad. Lol. I thought I was going to die.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #15
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Yeah I didn't start until 13, almost 14, but I was a competitive gymnast at the time and that usually delays things. The rest of the women in my family started btwn 10-11. Her dad's side I don't know, but the girls do develop young, so I am guessing they start their periods young as well, but haven't asked.

Anyway, made her pee again. A little pink on the TP again.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have any pantyliners or pads. I just have my mama cloth,but that'd freak her out to wear mine used. Wal-marts open 24 hrs if need be, but I'm assuming she'll be fine until morning.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Btw - I started mine in 6th grade, and the day before I had dark discharge. Like old blood. Only I was Terrified bc I was watching an Oprah episode about feminine hygiene and types of discharge. And dark was supposed to be really bad. Lol. I thought I was going to die.
you poor thing!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386
it could be. id just watch her. i didnt start until i was 16 lol so i was shocked when my sis asked me to make pads and a wetbag for my EIGHT year old niece bc she thinks she will start soon they are still just babies...until they are 12 at least lol.
I was a normal developing kid and I started at 9.5. I honestly expected dd to start long LONG before now.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I would give her a panty liner just in case. If it's that light, maybe that's all she'll need right now and you could catch some on there and get a better idea.

I started around age 8. I can't for the life of me remember if it was heavy or not the first time, or if I spotted first. But squee for possibly entering womanhood and growing up!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had mine at 11 and was TERRIFIED. I approached my mom but she was too busy so I asked my stepdad and he showed me. He was so flustered and he had no idea what to do but he did tell me it was my period (without looking just by me saying I was bleeding). He then went and got one of my mom's underwear and two of her pads and demonstrated how to put on a pad. Just by looking at the pad (IT WAS HUGE) I told him it was too big so he took a scissor and cut it in half. LOL! He told me to go to the bathroom and do as he had demoed. So that's what I did for months.

One day my mom was going through my bag found half a pad and was furious. Right before she was about to hit me for being wasteful she screamed at me "didn't I tell you how to use these!" And I told her no that my step dad had. She didn't do or say anything and stormed off but soon after I noticed she started purchasing smaller pads for me.

I hope I do a better job with my DD but she is currently 23 months so I have plenty of time.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote