Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Christen9302
Registered Users
seller

Help with loveybums wool!

I am new to wool, and just bought 2 wool covers, a loveybums interlock and a disana soaker. I lanolized them, and tried out the loveybums the first time last night. It leaked everywhere!!! I have heard they are excellent covers, so what am I doing wrong?? Do I need to lanolize more than once?

Advertisement

Christen9302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
seller

I would suggest lanolizing again, make sure to focus on the "wet zone". What are you using underneath?

http://www.lagoonbaby.com Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
http://www.facebook.com/lagoonbaby
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Christen9302
Registered Users
seller

A loveybums organic fitted. Maybe I need to add another doubler???
Old 08-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

For brand new covers, I always lanolize twice (lanolize, dry fully, lanolize again, dry fully, then use the first time), after that I only lanolize as needed. I also, personally, like to lanolize until the cover is a bit sticky. It'll wear off and feel normal after the first use.

I agree with pp, what's underneath? If the diaper is completely soaked then you'll have compression leakage because the liquid won't pool in the cover or have no escape like a PUL cover. Wool will repel the moisture back into the diaper until it's reached it's lanolin limit, absorb a little, and then start pressing through. My DD is a very heavy wetter so she usually has a good bit of padding under her wool.

I'd try lanolizing one more time and using a more absorbent diaper underneath. Good luck and keep us updated!

ETA: you responded while I was typing Yes, I'd definitely try adding a doubler.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with loveybums wool!

I'd add a doubler or 2 plus lanolize again. I wouldn't really reccomend the loveybums wool for overnight. Great wool, but better for daytime since they're so thin. Lanolize again and try the disana
Old 08-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Christen9302
Registered Users
seller

Thx everyone! As always, you guys are an immense help on this site!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
reesie
Registered Users
seller

I actually retail Loveybums because I love them) We use them at home as well. Here is what works for me. Yes to lanolizing twice when they are brand new. Tell me how u r lanolizing. I bought some spray on lanolin from a mama here and it is awesome (smells lovely too). I relanolize about every 2 weeks if using same cover nightly and then spray the wet zone areas with lanolin about every 3 days. I would only consider wool interlock weight for over night as it is generally bulletproof. Those LB fitted diapers are awesome but go ahead and add more stuffing if leaks are happening. Good luck with wool-its awesome. ))
reesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Christen9302
Registered Users
seller

I lanolized with the Lansinoh packet that Loveybums cover came with. 1 packet in bathroom sink of water.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen9302
I lanolized with the Lansinoh packet that Loveybums cover came with. 1 packet in bathroom sink of water.
Did you disolve it with hot water and soap before adding to the sink?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
reesie
Registered Users
seller

The lanolin it comes with is great. Take a pea sized drop, a drop of baby shampoo (dont forget this or u will get lanolin stains), hot water and mix/shake hard in a pint sized jar. THEN add mixture to sink (or I just a mixing bowl) of tepid water (u dont want too warm or hot, just whole mixture cool for soaking) and soak for an hr or 2. After soaking gently squeeze out water and lay out between 2 towels and press to get out moisture. My covers generally take 1-2 days to dry. Then as I mentioned above-zap wet zone with spray on lanolin and u are ready to roll) PM me if further questions
reesie is offline   Reply With Quote