Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Tandem nursing, elimination diet help

So it's starting to look like our newborn dd may have some food sensitivity/ reflux issues like her big sister. I need help mommas, I am already not eating the following due to my older dds sensitivities

Dairy (only exception is raw goats milk)

We eat very little sugar, and dont do soy and l imit our corn intake because my older ds is sensitive. We eat almost all organic and homemade. I try to stay away from gassy foods like brocolli, cauliflower, excess garlic, etc. after newbie was born friends brought us meals which did gave lots of that, i havent eaten any in about 3 days, coukd those items still be bothering her? For potential allergens I eat gluten containing foods, eggs, the raw goat milk, also lots of tomato sauce (over rice noodles). Would you cut all at once? One at a time? What's a momma to eat? I'm running out of ideas.

I could use help here, I don't like seeing my lo so fussy and today she was doing that classical back arching deal so I really think this could be another reflux baby.

Tara Joyfully serving Yeshua, Happy helpmeet to my dear husband J, Blessed momma to: J - 15, M - 13, D - 10, R - 3, M - 7/31/12 and praying for more!
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Poet Laureate
I would honestly go cold turkey on an elim diet. I tried working "backward " and it took longer than the elimination diet did. I lived off of meat and veggies!M should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
My Mood:
Re: Tandem nursing, elimination diet help

Sounds like reflux as my newbies all did that and had it.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tandem nursing, elimination diet help

You can throw out the egg whites and just eat the yolks, as they are the most nutritious and least allergenic.
I don't know that gassy foods are really a problem in most cases. Sounds like you're doing well. What symptoms do you see in your newborn?
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Registered Users
Does the newbie have a rash around her bottom? I suggest going total elimination diet then adding back in (even though it didn't work for us and I'm still trying to figure out what I can eat.). You could also try just eliminating wheat and eggs if you arent up to full TED (that one gave us a huge improvement almost over night ).

I hope you get it figured out soon and can enjoy food again, and get that newbie feeling better!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote