Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Back to work Monday - any other teachers going back soon?

I had my little man in March and was able to take my maternity leave through the end if the year. Then we had summer break. So i pretty much got 5 months off with him, its been amazing!

Teachers have to report back to school Monday. Time has flown by! We've been sending DS to daycare a couple days a week but I'm a little sad knowing I have to send him and dd everyday until winter break. This past week we did send both all 5 days to get into a routine but as Monday gets closer, I just want to sit and snuggle them. Any other teachers having to start back soon?

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: Back to work Monday - any other teachers going back soon?

Yep, I just started back this past Wednesday. I switched schools and in doing so, extended my vacation by a few weeks, which was awesome and I got almost 3 full months of summer vacation. if I would have went back to my old school I would have gotten less than 2 months.

Anyway, I am sad. I'll be happier on Wednesday when school starts, b/c my 3 older girls will be there too. So at least I'll have them. But I am sad to leave my baby and toddler. I am lucky though that they are home with dh during the day and I only work Mon-Thurs.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Not a teacher but we start aug 23? A neighbor in another district started 16 of aug. ( like with kids not including prep days).
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

not a teacher either, but I go back on Aug 31. The teachers I believe go back on the 28th, that's the day bus routes are posted so I think that's the same day they go back.

On the 31st we have a morning at the theatre with the entire division for a welcome back thing. Then we go to our own schools. I'll find out who I am working with that day.

The kids go back after labour day. All of mine are in school & are old enough to stay by themselves so no sitter.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep I go back Tuesday. I love teaching but man its a hard adjustment!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD starts tomorrow, I start Thursday. Just looking forward to getting it over with so I can start maternity leave. I won't have to go back until spring semester in January. Whoo hoo!!

Trying not to stress about the incompetent teacher that will be taking over one of my upper level courses. Those students are going to be SCREWED and there is nothing I can do about it.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
DD starts tomorrow, I start Thursday. Just looking forward to getting it over with so I can start maternity leave. I won't have to go back until spring semester in January. Whoo hoo!!

Trying not to stress about the incompetent teacher that will be taking over one of my upper level courses. Those students are going to be SCREWED and there is nothing I can do about it.

I was due mid September with my first and it was so nice to start, knowing in just a few weeks I'd be off again and with my baby. I figured no sense in worrying about what was happening when I was gone and I would deal with it when I returned! Good luck!