Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Seriously upset about how things healed down there & don't know what to do

WAY TMI for my IRL friends. My little boy is 8 wks old today. I had my 6 wk check up at 7 b/c my midwife had women delivering. Well around 6 weeks is when I felt well enough to DTD Went well thank you but there were a couple of moments of sharp pain. I do some shall we say exploratory research and find I have a "flap". Midwife didn't feel qualified to deal with it and told me to see my OB. Went today.

It sounds like this is how it is:
My first degree tear inside the vaginal wall that my midwife said would heal fine if I kept my legs together for a few days did heal just fine.... Just not back together.

The insurance supposedly won't cover it b/c I ONLY have maternity through the state and it's past 6 wk PP. I wasn't even touching that area until 6 wk PP so how would i have known!?!? I don't have other insurance. Up yours Obama. (don't ask, I'm ranting)

It will apparently require minor surgery to fix

I want it fixed as this flap HANGS OUT when I'm walking around

They're not comfortable doing it in the office, they want to do it in the hospital.

Did I mention I'd have to pay out of pocket

They're checking on prices. I"m sooooo upset. I don't know what to do. I can't believe she didn't just put a stitch in. granted I was trying my best to bleed out and she was handling that I'm just so upset.

Advertisement

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Seriously upset about how things healed down there & don't know what to do

I had a very similar problem with my mw...It still bothers me (emotionally, not physically) over 8 years later. Dh doesn't seem to mind so for now, we are waiting to be done having children to fix it...or maybe not...

I imagine if it were causing pain, I would be more urgent about it.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* I'm unfortunately in the same boat as you. The Dr. who did my stitches did a TERRIBLE job, it still hurts constantly 24-7. DTD is totally out of the question. I hope at my next appointment I will get referred for surgery to fix it. Thankfully I'm in Canada, so its covered.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some hospitals will completely write off the charges if you qualify. When I was in grad school, I had a surgery and even after my insurance, I still couldnt afford it. I found out my hospital had this program that helped those who couldnt cover their medical bills. I simply had to write a letter delineating my financial situation (i.e., income vs bills) and mail it in. They covered varying percentages depending on your need and thank goodness they fully covered the remainder of my expenses. This might be worth looking into at your hospital (esp. if its a teaching hospital).