Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Opinions, please.

I bought 2 woolies from a mama and they came yesterday. They are premade/factory manufactured. Both were the same size.

In the description she lists both as "excellent condition, no felting or pills"

Well both are a little pilly which doesn't bother me, although it's annoying that the listing says there aren't any when they actually are.

But one pair has some pretty obvious felting in the inner thighs from the gusset almost to the inseam. They are ribbed and the rib pattern is pretty much completely flat (no more ribbing in those areas due to the felting). Also, because of the felting, the inseam is 1" shorter than the unfelted pair. It is pretty obvious to me that these have been used a lot and the inner thigh felting resulted. I don't consider the condition to be EUC at all... the other pair is as described other than the pilliness.

There was a picture in the listing but the felted pair is very dark in color and there was dim lighting. There was no way to see this issue by looking at the picture and they were described otherwise.

I pm'd the mama yesterday and she was on after I pm'd last night and again this morning and hasn't responded.

I noted the issue in my pm and offered to send a picture of the felting and a picture of the inseam comparison on the two pairs.

We can still use these (but not for as long as the other pair due to the shrinkage) but I don't think the price I paid reflected the condition or her description.

Opinions?

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
mrskfs87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would at least try to ask for a partial refund since they aren't in the condition listed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

FEEDBACK & MY BLOG
mrskfs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

What did you ask for? In your pm? I recently had an issue and asked straight out, for the resolution I felt fair. I think that helps seller sometimes.

I'm also no wool expert and I do use wool! It could be an oversight. To me felting is drying wool? Lol! I wasn't aware felting could occurs from simply wearing a lot! Maybe she disn't either? Idk.

I'd just outline what you expect and be ship back if no resolution can be met
Old 08-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
What did you ask for? In your pm? I recently had an issue and asked straight out, for the resolution I felt fair. I think that helps seller sometimes.

I'm also no wool expert and I do use wool! It could be an oversight. To me felting is drying wool? Lol! I wasn't aware felting could occurs from simply wearing a lot! Maybe she disn't either? Idk.

I'd just outline what you expect and be ship back if no resolution can be met
I did suggest a partial refund since they were not as described and not the same length as the other pair, meaning that they wouldn't fit as long, (and just don't look as nice!) and offered to send pictures of what I was talking about but there was no response. It was very obvious right when I got them out of the package that they were definitely not in the same condition as the other. So even if she was inexperienced with wool I think just by looking at them it's pretty obvious that they aren't in as good as condition as the other pair.

Yes, felting can happen in the dryer, but it can also happen from the friction of a lot of wear and wetness in that area, on isolated areas of a woolie garment. A lot of times in the "all things wool" section, mamas will point out that there is some gusset or wetzone felting in the woolies and take pictures showing the flaw.

Last edited by lovewool; 08-19-2012 at 11:05 AM.
lovewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would be upset about the shrinkage, but honestly, felting in the gusset is almost unavoidable. It also makes it more waterproof, IME.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhThiMom View Post
I would be upset about the shrinkage, but honestly, felting in the gusset is almost unavoidable. It also makes it more waterproof, IME.
It's not actually gusset felting. Oddly enough, there isn't any felting on the gusset itself. It starts on the inner thighs up by the gusset and runs down the leg almost to the cuff. I do agree with you that gusset felting is pretty common but I think it should be noted by seller when it's there. I don't consider woolies with any sort of felting to be EUC. Especially ones that say in the listing that there's no felting like for these.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
ButtRpies
Registered Users
Formerly: rjwinner
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did she post measurements in her listing for each pair? If so, then it was up to you to see and go by those as far as the one pair being too short.
As for her listing them as EUC; I WISH people would describe what their definition of those terms mean in the listing because everyone seems to have different variations.
If you said you'd take pics and send them to her, she may be waiting for those before she responds. She may be new to selling so may not exactly know how to handle difficult situations like this.
I''d give her until monday night to respond (and send your pics of this asap to her). She may be busy since it is the weekend; especially a Sunday. Even if she's been on here, it may be just to check a message and she can't get to it right this minute. That's happened to me where I've had company and could check things but couldn't respond because of company or kids or promises to kids for outings or church obligations.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, there were no measurements posted. They are a mass produced wooly item and go in sizing by a month range. I assumed from her description of excellent condition and no felting/pills that there would be no felting and definitely didn't expect the length difference between the two. Regardless of what kind of condition she labeled them: EUC, VGUC, GUC, play condition, etc, the listing claimed no felting and one pair has it.

As for the pictures, here is how I worded it in my message to her: " I would be glad to send a photo under good light of the felting and a length comparison on the inseams if you would like." So I would think I would get a "yes or no" answer on wanting to see pictures of this from how that was worded. Personally I think it is pretty impossible not to see that there was damage in the legs. As soon as I took them out of the package I was bummed.

She isn't new as she's been a member longer than me and has a ton of feedback... but definitely it may be possible that she hopped on a couple of times without time to respond. That happens to me sometimes too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtRpies View Post
Did she post measurements in her listing for each pair? If so, then it was up to you to see and go by those as far as the one pair being too short.
As for her listing them as EUC; I WISH people would describe what their definition of those terms mean in the listing because everyone seems to have different variations.
If you said you'd take pics and send them to her, she may be waiting for those before she responds. She may be new to selling so may not exactly know how to handle difficult situations like this.
I''d give her until monday night to respond (and send your pics of this asap to her). She may be busy since it is the weekend; especially a Sunday. Even if she's been on here, it may be just to check a message and she can't get to it right this minute. That's happened to me where I've had company and could check things but couldn't respond because of company or kids or promises to kids for outings or church obligations.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

if youre unhappy you should ask for the resolution you think is fair - i dont know how much you paid but if you think you should get 10 dollars back then tell her that, it makes it easier on everyone to just be upfront.

id send her another PM and if she ignores that one id PM a mod, they are pretty good at getting people to resolve things, or file with PP
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

just want to update that the mama did respond and resolve this.