Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

We have a 3/2 and I have three girls ages 2-4-6 and a newborn boy. The 6 yo has a Pink room, the 4 yo has a purple room and dh and I have a cream room . Anyway, dd1, dd2, ds have their clothing in the pink room so I can dress everyone together. Dd2 has her clothing in her purple room. Dd1 and dd2 sleep together in the pink room. Ds sleeps with me in the cream room. Dh and dd3 are wanderers sleeping in the living room or with me. And no one sleeps in the purple room. So weird. But seems to work for now. It will probably all change in about 6 months. I'm working on getting a full size bed for the purple room and curtains to entice sleepers to go there!

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many kids vs number of bedrooms do you have?

We have a 2 bedroom. My oldest is 18 & out of the house, my girls who are 9 & 13 share & our little guy co-sleeps with dh & I. When he's too big to sleep with us, we'll need to reevaluate. My oldest used to share with her 2 sisters but that was 3 girls. My son sharing with my 2 girls won't work. They are too old & he's too rowdy.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

7 bedrooms, 7 kids.

But one room is a play room, one is a school room, one is an office. Master is hubby and I, plus our 2.5 year old and 8 month old. My teens each have their own room, and my 8.5 year old ds, 7 year old dd and 5 year old dd share a room with each having separate beds.

Next year the teens will share the basement, and ds will get his own room and the 2.5 year old will move in with the other 2 little girls.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

8yo and 4yo boys share, 2.3 yo boy has his own, guest and music room, sewing room, master bedroom.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
4 kids, 4 bedrooms. Two boys, ages 7 & almost 6, share a room. Two girls, almost 15 & 9, have their own rooms.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now in our apartment, we have three bedrooms and only one boy. The third bedroom is a guest room/playroom/laundry staging area (aka I throw the sheets and towels on the futon when I don't want to fold them lol). We are moving right now into our house which has 2 bedrooms. I'm due with our second in the coming weeks. Our DS will technically "share" a room with this new babe. However, since we intend to cosleep exclusively for at least the first 6-9 months, DS will still be kind of on his own except there will be a crib and changing table taking up space. We decided to give the kids the master bedroom in the new house, largely for safety reasons since there is a door off the second bedroom leading to a deck.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
3 kids, 4 bedrooms right now.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Three kids, two bedrooms. All three boys share a room. Whenever we have another baby, they will be in our room for a year or two and then move in with the other kiddos. We like it this way. Even if I had ten bedrooms I think we would still have them all share. They love being together. Their room is really just for sleeping and keeping their clothes, they have a separate playroom in what I think is supposed to be a dining room.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #19
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 3 bedrooms-

DH and i in the master
DS1 and DS2 share
newbie will have own room till out of crib. then we will reevaluate. We have the option of putting a 4th bedroom in the basement.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

2 soon to be 3 kids and 4 bedrooms. 5 year old DS and 2 year old DD share a room, we have the master and will share it with DS2. The other two rooms are used as playroom and guest/office since they are upstairs.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote