Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

What is going on?

I'm hoping some of you who are actively avoiding (possibly with charting or NFP) and know cycle stuff off the top of your head might be able to interpret something for me. :-)

I usually have 28-31 day cycles, ovulating Btwn day 14-19, usually 7-19. This cycle has been super weird (possibly bc of medication). Af was short for me last month, we dtd on cycle day 6. On day 25 (Saturday) I started spotting. More yesterday (day 26) and this morning (day 27) spotting.

I'm so confused. I've never spotted before day 28, ever. And the longest I've had spotting is two days, but spotting before a period is rare (it's happened once).

Anyone got the whole conception timeline memorized? Does this fit with conception and implantation bleeding? I'd do the math myself but I'm spacey and my 4yo and 16mo are demanding breakfast. :-/

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also, if this COULD be implantation bleeding, when would I get a BFP if I POAS?

We're trying to avoid for a few more years but got lazy this time around and assumed day 6 was too early to get pregnant.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is going on?

I haven't heard of implantation bleeding lasting so many days, but anything is possible! A test should be accurate by Wed, and blaringly obvious by the end of the week.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
I haven't heard of implantation bleeding lasting so many days, but anything is possible! A test should be accurate by Wed, and blaringly obvious by the end of the week.
Ok. Thanks. I it's the beginning of AF, that should be here by then too. So hopefully no POAS needed. :-)
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had spotting odd times 3rd time only here plus horrible cramps & headaches( ob saie was my body trying to af & baby hung on)...... His sperm alive for 6-7 days so could be implantation bleed & u expecting. Hoping 4 what u want. Ours was suprise & unplanned.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I definitely want another baby. :-) So if it IS a baby I'd like it to "stick." But now isn't ideal for us. I'm recovering from some depression that was triggered by an abusive church situation and am taking medication to handle PTSD while we do counseling. :-/ it's working really well, and a BFP would mean the medication has to stop, which would be scary to me.

If this isn't a baby, then I need to figure out some birth control options other than NFP and the pull & pray. *eye roll*. Hormonal stuff would work with my medication (it makes your body metabolize too fast so the birth control wouldn't work right), and I'm really not a fan of condoms.

What are you all using to avoid?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Kap7270
Registered Users

It sounds a little late for implantation to me. Sperm generally live 3-5 days, so that would put your latest o date as cd 11. Implantation is usually 6-8 days later, but this spotting would be two weeks later. Some women spot occasionally during early pregnancy - not even associated with implantation. If you really o'd on cd 11 and got pregnant, then a hpt would likely be positive now. I would probably test.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap7270
It sounds a little late for implantation to me. Sperm generally live 3-5 days, so that would put your latest o date as cd 11. Implantation is usually 6-8 days later, but this spotting would be two weeks later. Some women spot occasionally during early pregnancy - not even associated with implantation. If you really o'd on cd 11 and got pregnant, then a hpt would likely be positive now. I would probably test.
Yay cycle math! :-) I'll do that tomorrow if I'm still spotting. I did have early spotting/bleeding with both previous pregnancies.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Kap7270
Registered Users

Keep us posted!
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Probably just off due to medication is my guess. Implantation spotting usually isn't that long. I would test in a few more days to make sure but I'm assuming your in the clear.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote