Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
adamandme
Registered Users

Should we make a playroom?

We have a largish room downstairs that we were intending to use as a bedroom for DS soon, DS is currently in the room next door. So now, I'm wondering whether to use the large room as a playroom instead -- it just seems like a waste of what could be a wonderful bedroom.

We love Montessori, and using it as a playroom would let us set up lots of shelves, a reading nook, and so forth.

So mamas, do you like your playroom? Or are you glad you don't have one?

Advertisement

adamandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Should we make a playroom?

I would do it! We had a big carpeted room in our basement at our last place, and I miss it so much. I hate having more than just a few toys in the kids' bedrooms. I much prefer a smaller but uncluttered sleep space.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
I want one terribly. I am even considering moving at the end of this year to a bigger place where we could have a playroom.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes. We took everything out of our formal dining room and made it into a playroom for our daughter. I'm not into having a formal dining room anymore and this has been great. You will be able to spread things out in the simple display form that you want.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

I LOVE our playroom area. It's an open space(like a loft) at the top of our stairs. It's always a little warmer up there but the kids don't mind at all and there is a ceiling fan. We have our tv in there, a couch(it's a secondhand one, they are allowed to jump on it and take off the cushions), and shelves with baskets of toys. I love having my own living room with no kids toys, our rule is no toys in the rest of the house or they get taken away. They have their rooms and the playroom, no need for toys anywhere else!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Definitely! We have a 4-season sunroom that's been pretty much converted into the kids' toyroom and it's invaluable.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy View Post
Yes. We took everything out of our formal dining room and made it into a playroom for our daughter. I'm not into having a formal dining room anymore and this has been great. You will be able to spread things out in the simple display form that you want.
Do it!! Our's is actually suppose to be the formal dining room as well. I love the fact that all the toys have a place and their bedrooms are toy/clutter free. I love that it's right off my kitchen, so I can keep and eye on them. We have two big colorful buckets for bigger toys and balls, and then smaller flexible handled buckets for small toys (matchbox cars, wooden blocks, etc) all in a big shelving unit.

Last edited by CountryChicMama; 08-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
CountryChicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, we have one. Technically, it's supposed to be a formal living room. Ours is gated so I can put the toddlers in and go do something when I need to.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just moved into a house with 3 bedrooms, from a 2 bedroom apartment. We made one of the bedrooms a playroom since we want the girls to share a room anyway. I'm SO glad we did this! ODD loves having her own space, and I don't have toys everywhere. It's so organized and lovely
Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
NevadaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: danandsassy
seller

My Mood:

DO IT!! Lol! We just moved to a new house and my #1 reason for wanting to move here was the big room off of the living room that we made into a playroom. It is fantastic, the kids have all their stuff in there and I just got a nice cozy rug for the center and they are always in there when we aren't outside. It is so nice not having a trail of toys from one end of the house to the other, and having a living room that doesn't look like a bomb hit it by 10 AM.
NevadaMama is offline   Reply With Quote