Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Delay/selective vax mamas...

Do you get Pneumococcal vax?

I've decided against Varicella, Rotavirus, and Influenza.

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Delay/selective vax mamas...

I got it for both my girls. I delayed varicella until 3.5 with my oldest and skipped rota, flu, and hep B.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I did not.

The only vaccines we do are Hib (at 15 months so only one vaccine is 'needed'), DTaP, polio, and MMR (at 4 years old).

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerica View Post
No, I did not.

The only vaccines we do are Hib (at 15 months so only one vaccine is 'needed'), DTaP, polio, and MMR (at 4 years old).
She got her 4th DTAP today and first Hib- good to know she only needs one. She also has had her MMR at the last visit. I'm not doing more than two shots at a time (and try to make sure she has had one of them before) so we will probably work on polio and Hep A next time.
I really like our ped (she was my ped as a child too!). She had dd's record and asked me which vaxes I won't do and crossed them off! DD is 26 months old and has had 6 vaxes (including 2 from today). My ped has never harassed or even questioned me.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
hailey1312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we did pneumococcal the first 3 doses then stopped. I read that prevnar actually has shown to be linked to increased ear infections, NOT decreased.
hailey1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
Belbaby3728
Banned

Dd is 8 months, started vax at 3 months (she was 5 weeks early). We didn't do hep b or rotavirus. She has had dtap/hib combo- 3 sets and pc (menginitis)- 3 sets. She only got 1 shot a visit. We came back 2 weeks after 1st shot and got 2nd shot for all 3 sets so none overlapped. Will do the same with next starting at 9 months. Probably doing polio and maybe hep A. Haven't fully decided yet. Will do hep B down the road as well as mmr but probably not until she is 3-4 years old for those ones.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote