Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #51
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Things you need to get

If this one is a girl, Im pretty much getting all new clothes . Either way, we need another dresser, maybe a double stroller, another co-sleeper (DH gave ours away in a fit of generosity lol) , eventually a toddler bed for DS (which means we will need a new mattress for this babe) and, if its a boy, a few new outfits :-)

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #52
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolson3 View Post
I've been debating the same thing. It is basically a rectangle with a slit in the middle. I even have a good guess as to where to get the same grey and white striped fabric, you could probably use any light knit fabric. But, I have no idea how much to buy and I don't really understand the purpose of the two seams down the front and back. I've been meaning to look through the pattern books at Joann's and see if they have a poncho pattern that is similar, or I have a knit poncho that is more triangular I can work from. I'm hoping that I can find a copycat tutorial somewhere in the next few months.
She says that the fabric is Modal fabric... Someone on another site mentioned that the lines could be what creates the "four way stretch"

http://www.funcheaporfree.com/2011/0...es-poncho.html
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #53
addie'smom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
my reccomendation is a Flightwise bag from Lands End. It is great because they have a lifetime warranty. you can return it at any time for any reason. Plus they do not carry the high price tag of diaper bags. I have 6 diapers, change of clothes, two water bottles, wipes, and mommy items in it all the time... I can add lunch, blanket, and jacket and it is still not completely stuffed... so it is great for the over packer. There are some youtube videos if oyu want to get a better idea for space.

I have this one:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/flightwis...e&origin=index

And this one is a little smaller but still big enough if you are not a super heavy packer:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...96521-_-392558

They have a lot of outside pockets and for inside separation I use small wet bags(one for change of clothes and one for small items like clippers).
This Lands End bag is GREAT!!! I love their stuff and you can't beat the price or warranty! Wish is came in other colors besides red. Thanks for the tip!!! I'm definitely going to check it out. Anyone else have a favorite diaper bag they want to share???
addie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #54
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here is the fabric I was looking at. It is $10/yard but it is modal. Who knew?
http://www.moodfabrics.com/index.php...valms=&vbrand=

And I just realized that they give you the dimensions on their website under size. I guess I will be making my own with only one seam down the neck line down the shoulder so I can finish the neck edges off. It might not be the same, but I am pretty sure that it will be worth saving the money.

Last edited by lolson3; 08-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.
lolson3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #55
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

That cover does look awesome! If you make one be sure to share! I need specific instructions when I sew but I'd really like to try this out too
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #56
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
That cover does look awesome! If you make one be sure to share! I need specific instructions when I sew but I'd really like to try this out too
Just realized you are from Memphis (I think I haven't noticed before). That is my home. I am jealous of your location. I miss my family there.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #57
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy

Just realized you are from Memphis (I think I haven't noticed before). That is my home. I am jealous of your location. I miss my family there.
I've been here almost 8 years but it doesn't feel like home (I'm a military brat). Steadily finding new things to do though!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #58
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
I would say that all that sounds like logical needs. I would say that swings are FANTASTIC and I would look for a used one somewhere. I like the stroller mostly for shopping trips. It is annoying taking baby off and on while trying on clothes. Also... if you live in a warmer climate, going for walks is much easier with a stroller.

I have a "lifetime" crib... all I can really say about them is that eventually, I may use it as a full sized bed... but most of them scratch super easy and are not going to be in great condition in 18 years. There are teething marks on mine and it was not a cheaper one or anything.

I agree that Maternity clothes are good if you can afford them. I like looking pregnant. If I wear "bigger" clothes... I would certainly have no motivation to get dressed every day. I would look like a bag.
I am thinking about a swing. I live in Texas so definitely warm but might be moving to Colorado.

I want a "lifetime" crib because they are still cheaper/same price as a "convertible" or regular crib in the long end.

I am pretty small. But my family did get me some "bigger" sizes but "lady-fit" so it still hugs my body! My mom even bought me a dress similar to one I have now!

And, right now, my pants still fit!

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #59
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveramongstars View Post
I am thinking about a swing. I live in Texas so definitely warm but might be moving to Colorado.

I want a "lifetime" crib because they are still cheaper/same price as a "convertible" or regular crib in the long end.

I am pretty small. But my family did get me some "bigger" sizes but "lady-fit" so it still hugs my body! My mom even bought me a dress similar to one I have now!

And, right now, my pants still fit!
If you decide to get a swing, consider a cradle to swing model. they are pricier but my kids all hated the front to back traditional swing, but seriously loved the side to side motion of the cradle swing.