Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of August 20th

Well had my IUI this AM and it went GREAT! Didn't even have to use the Tenaculum this time just went right in! My OB said she was super hopeful that I must be ready because my Cervix was nice, open and Ready!!! FX and for me mamas!!!

Advertisement

Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is great Carissa! Praying you will be pregnant soon!

Wow we are really chatty lately aren't we?

I figured out today that driving to doctor's appointments are tax deductible. So I then figured out how far I drive for my appointments. I think by the end of the year I will have almost 3000 miles that I have drive for doctor's appointments! Really is scary when you think about it!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

WOW Jen that is ALOT of miles!! My RE's Office is 130 miles one way for us! That is why I get my US and IUI here at home at my OB/GYN's office so I don't have to drive so far!!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is a lot of miles!

Today has been a crazy day to say the least. This morning was CD 29 so on a whim I decided to use a FRER rather than an IC, no clue why I don't normally. And get this, it was +. I about started crying. DH came in and saw it too. So all day I've been wondering if it was real or an evap. I tried a wondfo and a digi both neg. Fast forward to this afternoon. I go to my RE appt. I let him know about the line, he runs an HCG. It's 6.1 He told me to go home and wait to loose it. With that low of a number on 13dpo it's not going to make it. But then he'd like to run a bunch of tests as soon as the bleeding starts so he can get some numbers to help next time. I'm not even sure how I should be feeling. In one day I've found out I was pregnant and that he says I'm loosing it all in less than 12 hours. I was so numb during the appointment I didn't even catch what the next step is other than a whole mess of tests, and very expensive, that is seriously all I caught. But they wrote it all down, so maybe tomorrow I'll read through it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh No Laurel- I am so very sorry. I just can't imagine! I will be keeping you in my thoughts- so sorry for your loss.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPACandMommy View Post
WOW Jen that is ALOT of miles!! My RE's Office is 130 miles one way for us! That is why I get my US and IUI here at home at my OB/GYN's office so I don't have to drive so far!!
My RE is 65.8 miles round trip. My oncologist is 84.8 miles round trip. I am at 20 RE visits right now (2 more scheduled), and 5 oncologist visits so far (2 scheduled and I need 1 more in late November). My son's pediatrician is 37 miles away round trip and he has only been there twice this year. All these add up. There is very little I can do up here though my Peri recently opened a office about where my DH works so I am hoping that will cut down a bit of this, but not much. I will still need to go down by my RE for a level 2 ultrasound so I can put DS in a drop in center. However when I get pregnant next month (notice I am thinking positively!! ), that will not happen till next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
That is a lot of miles!

Today has been a crazy day to say the least. This morning was CD 29 so on a whim I decided to use a FRER rather than an IC, no clue why I don't normally. And get this, it was +. I about started crying. DH came in and saw it too. So all day I've been wondering if it was real or an evap. I tried a wondfo and a digi both neg. Fast forward to this afternoon. I go to my RE appt. I let him know about the line, he runs an HCG. It's 6.1 He told me to go home and wait to loose it. With that low of a number on 13dpo it's not going to make it. But then he'd like to run a bunch of tests as soon as the bleeding starts so he can get some numbers to help next time. I'm not even sure how I should be feeling. In one day I've found out I was pregnant and that he says I'm loosing it all in less than 12 hours. I was so numb during the appointment I didn't even catch what the next step is other than a whole mess of tests, and very expensive, that is seriously all I caught. But they wrote it all down, so maybe tomorrow I'll read through it.
- Oh no!!! That is awful!! However it sort of makes me wonder if maybe you shouldn't try for a month on your own before you do the testing. I mean this could have been one of those things. The testing will always be there, but if your fed up with the roller coaster you could do both. Good luck and I am sorry for your loss!

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 08-28-2012 at 06:48 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Slimy - ((HUGS)) That is a lot to deal with in one day.
Jennifer - Yay on the FET being scheduled! That is so close!!!
Carissa - FX for you! Glad the IUI went well.
Hope4more- I am gonna follow your fertility monitor results. I have PCOS too and really wonder if I am getting a good reading on my OPKs or whether I should spend the money on the more expensive ones!
Lizzie - Hope your 2WW goes quickly.

AFM- I know I have been absent as of late. Last time I updated was back in May. I did 2 cycles ( April and May) of clomid, ovidrel and IUI. Both were BFN I had to skip June since we were out of town on the days I needed to be home. Wait to get a period but got impatient so I took Provera and finally got on the middle of July. RE decided that he wanted to do a sono-HSG to check the uterus and tubes. So I had that the end of July on CD 11. Bled for another 8 days after it. Now I am waiting to get another period and hopefully do a cycle in September. I can take the Provera anytime I want to bring on one ( I am like CD 45 but I was trying to give my body time after the test). The test came back good - tubes open and no sign of anything in the uterus ( like fibriods). So I am not really sure what the next cycle will consist of yet.

I have been hiking for a couple months now regularly. Hoping that helps the hormones. I have not lost any wieght yet - even though I am doinng an average of 15 miles a week!! But I have not been so great on the diet either. But hey, it's a start!

Love4leon - I have a Kindergartener that started his first full day today! Exciting - I still can't believe that he is 5 years old already!

Update me please

Screen Name (Real Name): sdavis514 (Sarah)
Current Children and age: one DS age 5
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years, diagnosed with PCOS in 2003 and put on clomid from 9/04-1/05, no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance. Clomid again 9/11-1/12. BFNs IUI cycle in April 2012 - BFN and May 2012 - BFN, July 2012 sono-HSG - clear
Treatment and meds: Clomid 100 mg cd 3-9, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone suppositories ( not sure yet what the protocol will be for next cycle)
Next Appointment: Call when AF shows and start clomid, u/s cd 12 to check follicle sizes
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514
Slimy - ((HUGS)) That is a lot to deal with in one day.
Jennifer - Yay on the FET being scheduled! That is so close!!!
Carissa - FX for you! Glad the IUI went well.
Hope4more- I am gonna follow your fertility monitor results. I have PCOS too and really wonder if I am getting a good reading on my OPKs or whether I should spend the money on the more expensive ones!
Lizzie - Hope your 2WW goes quickly.

AFM- I know I have been absent as of late. Last time I updated was back in May. I did 2 cycles ( April and May) of clomid, ovidrel and IUI. Both were BFN I had to skip June since we were out of town on the days I needed to be home. Wait to get a period but got impatient so I took Provera and finally got on the middle of July. RE decided that he wanted to do a sono-HSG to check the uterus and tubes. So I had that the end of July on CD 11. Bled for another 8 days after it. Now I am waiting to get another period and hopefully do a cycle in September. I can take the Provera anytime I want to bring on one ( I am like CD 45 but I was trying to give my body time after the test). The test came back good - tubes open and no sign of anything in the uterus ( like fibriods). So I am not really sure what the next cycle will consist of yet.

I have been hiking for a couple months now regularly. Hoping that helps the hormones. I have not lost any wieght yet - even though I am doinng an average of 15 miles a week!! But I have not been so great on the diet either. But hey, it's a start!

Love4leon - I have a Kindergartener that started his first full day today! Exciting - I still can't believe that he is 5 years old already!

Update me please

Screen Name (Real Name): sdavis514 (Sarah)
Current Children and age: one DS age 5
Lost Children and Dates: none
Diagnosis: We were NTNP for 4 years, diagnosed with PCOS in 2003 and put on clomid from 9/04-1/05, no results, took break and became pregnant with DS with no intervention in Aug 2006. Recent blood work suggested no insulin resistance. Clomid again 9/11-1/12. BFNs IUI cycle in April 2012 - BFN and May 2012 - BFN, July 2012 sono-HSG - clear
Treatment and meds: Clomid 100 mg cd 3-9, ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone suppositories ( not sure yet what the protocol will be for next cycle)
Next Appointment: Call when AF shows and start clomid, u/s cd 12 to check follicle sizes
Cycles TTC another: NTNP for 4 years, Actively TTC since Jan 11
Thanks! It's so exciting to be a part of something people are interested in seeing!

Slimy: hugs and prayers for your family.
Ladybugs: fingers crossed for you!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So my doc just called. I'm not a candidate for metformin because my insulin levels are so low, so I think that SHOULD be good news health wise, frustrating fertility wise. He says he can start me on clomid next cycle, but I just dont know if I'm ready for that. I just tried the progesterone last cycle. I'm going to see if that made any difference at all and go from there. If my cycle is longer than 35 days, then I might try it. *gulp*. How high is the chance of multiples on that? I heard its 10%- anyone know if that's true?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
So my doc just called. I'm not a candidate for metformin because my insulin levels are so low, so I think that SHOULD be good news health wise, frustrating fertility wise. He says he can start me on clomid next cycle, but I just dont know if I'm ready for that. I just tried the progesterone last cycle. I'm going to see if that made any difference at all and go from there. If my cycle is longer than 35 days, then I might try it. *gulp*. How high is the chance of multiples on that? I heard its 10%- anyone know if that's true?
I don't really think clomid is a huge deal if you need it to ovulate. I was told increase in risk of multiples is 2% overall risk is 10 because there are usually other factors such as just general risk as well as usually being older ect.. I've used clomid lots and only have one kid so to me it's not a big deal, besides, I'd LOVE twins. I'd be scared to death of it, but if I could get a 2 for 1 deal, I"m all over that.

AFM, Still pretty down today. Not sure what to think. I have a repeat beta tomorrow to see if it's moving and which direction. I'm not expecting much. I know I"m probably going to loose it but I can't help every once in a while to get a little bit of hope that maybe this might work. Then it's followed by tears because I know the chances (according to the RE it's about 1 in a million and I think he only told me that because he could see I was about to cry.) So just hanging on until it happens. Really don't want to be at work but at least it is pretty distracting most of the day.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote