Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #41
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of August 20th

slimy72 - Oh I am sorry. I misunderstood. I think I could understand them not wanting to wait. I mean when you have waited a long time with primary infertility you feel like you have paid your dues so you shouldn't feel like you should wait again like that. I know I also felt that way about the NICU, so when we were there with DS, I was VERY quick to tell people that we had put in 5 months and that I understood their pain.

I am sorry your lab is being slow! That really stinks. However I completely understand about trying to go to another lab to save money for the beta. I recently found out that my oncologist ordered blood tests are not covered 100% with my insurance. However I need them accessed by my port so I have no choice but to pay a co-pay for the pathologist at the oncologists office, and for my doctor. Yeah I wasn't happy either.

Love4leon - It happens often when people have nothing to freeze. However most people that get that many eggs, and 15 fertilized, normally have something to freeze. I think that is what was the most upsetting for her. I talked to her about adoption and all the standard stuff that comes up with this too. She had wanted to adopt from China but found out she was too young by 6 months. So while she waited she decided to do an IVF cycle. That cycle she got her daughter (and nothing to freeze). Then China required that they wait 1 year from the birth of their daughter to start the process. They did that and China changed the rules and she wasn't able to adopt anymore from there. She just has a sad story all the way around!

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #42
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
Jennifer-I am so sorry for your friend. I can't imagine going through the process and then not having any embryos left to freeze- that must've been a horrible roller coaster of emotions for her. We also don't talk about our infertility to anyone- sometimes within the family if it comes up or if someone asks. I think it definitely helps to have more people to talk to as you go through all of this.
My mom tries to understand since she struggled for 9 years for her second, but she tells me she was never really focused on it and left it up to God. I'm of the mindset that he provides me tools and medicine, so I ought to know how to use it if this is gonna happen. She doesn't get that part. However, I've recently friended (in the early stages of friend mind you) who struggled with both her and male fertility for 5 years, and they've recently adopted, do that helps. Honestly, though, if I didn't have you ladies I don't know what I'd do. It does something to you when your told you can't have kids, and when you DO get pregnant it's said "I've never seen THAT happen without a lot of meds in other women". It doesn't make me hopeful this time around, KWIM?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #43
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer- That's so hard for her!

I don't really talk to anyone in real life about this either. I have one friend (who teaches in the room next door) who knows a little as she is kind enough to take my son for me after school so I can go to appointments. But I haven't even told her what is happening right now. My mom only knows because she happened to call when I was crying after I had just gotten home, and then dh felt bad that my mom knew and his didn't so he called her. But this is the most people that have EVER known what was going on with me. I too am so glad to have all of you ladies to chat with because otherwise I would feel totally isolated and alone like I"m the only one in the world dealing with this.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #44
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Slimy: praying for good news for you today. We are all here waiting with you- you are DEFINITELY not alone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #45
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope4More - Tell your mom the story of the guy who was told to evacuate in the flood, and he said that he would leave it up to God. So then the water came in and an neighbor checked on him and he said he wouldn't go because he was leaving it up to God. Then he was having to get on his roof of his house as the water was getting higher and a boat came by and he said he would stay as he was leaving it up to God. So then he was forced on to the top of his chimney and a helicopter came by and he said he wanted to stay put because he was leaving it up to God. So then the water overtook him and he died. When he was at the pearly gates, he asked God why He didn't save him and God said "I gave you a warning, I sent you a neighbor, a boat and a helicopter and still you didn't get out." Honestly I think that is what we are all doing. We are in a flood and we are trying our best to get in the boat.

slimy72 - I am so sorry all of you are having to keep quiet about this. I feel like I have an out as I have the blog. I can be more of myself on there because people rarely comment though I do get about 100-200 hits per day. So I know I am sharing all of this with people that I don't know because honestly I don't know that many people! I am glad we can all be here for each other though.

AFM - I am considering doing what traditional cultures do and eat a higher cholesterol diet from Wednesday (my next appointment) to beta. I thought I could make coconut oil fudge and eat 1 egg a day (all pastured as that has more DHA then normal eggs). Cholesterol is vital to cell repair, so I can't imagine a body wouldn't need it for cell growth. We (DH and I) don't believe in the Cholesterol hypothesis (he has his PhD in biochemistry too) so I thought it was worth a try. Anyone want to try this with me? Maybe I will cook my egg in lard.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #46
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The cholestorol thing sounds interesting. But I'm trying really hard to loose weight so it's probably a bad idea for me because those foods have higher calories. But I do try to make sure that I eat a good balance of food and not all low fat or low sugar food. Although today I've been hitting the sugar way to hard. I'm just craving candy. The downside to that is that I have a whole treat box of prizes I use in class. The upside is that at least they are all fun size so I"m not eating whole bars.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Slimy - If you watch the movie Fathead you will see that cholesterol doesn't contribute to weight gain unless you are doing other factors. My father is "large" right now and he eats more fruit then anything. He could sit down and eat a case of ___ in one sitting. Goes to show you that weight isn't tied to fat even if that is what seems to make sense to us. However you have to do what feels right for you!

My friend is on CD 1 today! She will start her meds tomorrow!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #48
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

David and I went for a doctors appointment today, it was not good news at all. We found out that the baby stopped growing at 10 weeks, there was no heart beat, no movement and measuring almost 2 weeks behind. Please pray for us as we go though this and for me as I have to have a D&C next week sometime :*(
Old 08-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #49
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey
David and I went for a doctors appointment today, it was not good news at all. We found out that the baby stopped growing at 10 weeks, there was no heart beat, no movement and measuring almost 2 weeks behind. Please pray for us as we go though this and for me as I have to have a D&C next week sometime :*(
Oh no. I am so so sorry.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #50
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Slimy - If you watch the movie Fathead you will see that cholesterol doesn't contribute to weight gain unless you are doing other factors. My father is "large" right now and he eats more fruit then anything. He could sit down and eat a case of ___ in one sitting. Goes to show you that weight isn't tied to fat even if that is what seems to make sense to us. However you have to do what feels right for you!

My friend is on CD 1 today! She will start her meds tomorrow!
I know I've heard that I just don't know if I'm actually ready to practice it since what I'm doing is working right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
I am so sorry! Prayers are being sent.

AFM, I guess good news tonight. My dr wasn't very upbeat about it he says it's still way to low for where I should be so I still need to plan for this bean not to stick. But my hcg test from yesterday was 16. Monday it was 6.1 so double in 48 hours would have been 12 and I beat that. That's good right? I keep hoping that's good but when my dr sounds so negative about it I really don't want to get my hopes up for something that isn't going to happen. He is calling in another test for me on Friday so he wants to see if it's still doubling. My OB wants to have a repeat again next Wednesday so we'll see how things go.