Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
Nightime desparate need of help...or sleep that is...

Traditional medicine seems to be failing I'm looking for advice on trying to address our daughter's nightime screaming. She's 17 months and starting a month or two ago occasional nightime screaming became an almost nightly issue. Some nights she screams and cries for more than 3 hours straight, other nights she just fusses/tosses/turns. She's awake, it's not night terrors. Some nights I only get 1-3 hours sleep. I'm tired. We've seen 8 million doctors with no answers. Any alternative ideas? We thought about taking her back to the chiropractor or for cranial sacral therapy. We've thought about melatonin, but heard it's good for getting one to sleep, not staying asleep. She has Noonan Syndrome..some ideas that the experts have tossed around include reflux and joint/muscle issues. But no good solutions have worked. They've had us drug her with Benadryl-which she screams through. Anyone been through something similar or have any ideas on other avenues to pursue?

Mom to Mason (3/2003) and Maddie (11/2007) and Morgan (3/2011)
court3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Registered Users
Has she been tested for food allergies? MY friends little boy was exactly the same and it turns out that it was food sensitivities. You can see a naturopath and ask for the blood tests for ige and iga mediated sensitivities.

Reflux could also be an explanation. You can google "reflux diet" for a list of safe foods and prop her mattress up or have her sleep on a "nap nanny chill" (google it).

It could also be night terrors? I'm so sorry you're dealing with this and hope you get answers soon.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Nightime desparate need of help...or sleep that is...

Have you tried pain medication to rule out pain? Warm bath to see if it is muscle aches? I would keep going down the list of remedies for possible problems and try them all until something works. Wish I had a better ideas but I don't. My son has interrupted sleep occasionally due to reflux but he has way more symptoms then just bad sleeping habits.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Registered Users
Re: Nightime desparate need of help...or sleep that is...

Don't let her to sleep in the day time. Let her to play as much as time she can so that she will get tired at night and will sleep with out getting disturbed. Otherwise send her for some meditation to any institute.

Baby Care

Last edited by adoreachild; 08-31-2012 at 12:19 AM.
adoreachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Does she have molars coming in? Is she hungry? Thirsty? Overtired? My dd is only 8 months but if she doesn't get enough naps thru the day, nights are hell. Seeing chiro isn't a bad idea. Has something changed in the past couple months?
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote