Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My oldest is starting school!

My DS is starting headstart September 4th!He goes from 9am to 2pm, thats a long time. He's only 3 and I was very hesitant to apply for it but I think it will do him good.Hes never been in daycare and we dont have play dates so socially it will be good for him. Also academically I think it will be good because this boy is stubborn and my teaching is not getting through to him!Learning through play, flash cards, reading and work books are not fun with mommy anymore.He just doent care to learn.Hes very smart but seems to be having trouble learning and remembering colors.Thats the big thing.I think he may be color blind honestly.But anyways I can see him learning quickly with someone else.But anyways....I told him he was going to start school and he is so excited.Me on the other hand, well Im scared!What am I going to do with out him?My house will be clean!But my youngest will be lonely and confused!
So any advice for the first day?Any advice for me not to worry so much?

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My oldest is starting school!

I bet he has a blast once he gets used to school! My 17 month old started MDO today, and ran in the door and straight to the toys. Not even a look back! My 3 year old goes to developmental preschool and loves his friends and teachers.

Preschool does NOT teach them many academic things, though. While they work on skills and encourage while you are doing at home, they spend 15 minutes at a time on them. Most of preschool is spent usually on large motor activities, snack, and potty. But it is definitely a place to start. I am a huge propoent of preschool for kiddos.

Good luck mama!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 08-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My oldest is starting school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I bet he has a blast once he gets used to school! My 17 month old started MDO today, and ran in the door and straight to the toys. Not even a look back! My 3 year old goes to developmental preschool and loves his friends and teachers.

Preschool does NOT teach them many academic things, though. While they work on skills and encourage while you are doing at home, they spend 15 minutes at a time on them. Most of preschool is spent usually on large motor activities, snack, and potty. But it is definitely a place to start. I am a huge propoent of preschool for kiddos.

Good luck mama!
I did not know this.Honestly I didnt even do any research on headstart because I filled out the application so late that I was doubtful he would get in
Well shoot.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He'll still have fun though. I've had my kids in several programs, and the usually have a letter of the week, and talk about shapes and colors. DDs 4 year old class did writing. But it complimented what mamas naturally do. However, kiddos loved art, friends, and being at school.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote