Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

wth? GMD pre folds WAY off for sizing!

Uh my 23 month old ds wears the yellow edged GMD small prefolds. Yes my son is a little bit small for his age but he's 25 lbs. Am I putting them on him wrong or something? I'm putting the thickest part in the middle ...between his legs for absorbancy... Like I've seen done in all the tutorials I've watched.

Advertisement

Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: wth? GMD pre folds WAY off for sizing!

I think their sizing is right, but each baby is different. If your LO is short then the rise will last longer. Because they are wider it makes them fit a wider range then the standard sized prefolds. My 15lb little man is 9 months old and still fits in yellows with room to grow, but he also fit in them at 8lbs. I doubt I could snappi it on my 30lb 2yo though
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My LO outgrew yellows at like 3-4 months. Are you just trifolding them or fastening? You must have a skinny butt little guy my DD is a bubble butt and outgrew the rise. We had to fasten back then bc of EBF poo.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My LO outgrew yellows at like 3-4 months. Are you just trifolding them or fastening? You must have a skinny butt little guy my DD is a bubble butt and outgrew the rise. We had to fasten back then bc of EBF poo.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I could probably pin an organic yellow on my 2 1/2 yr old, but they fit my 3 month old way better. I think their sizing is perfect because we get a width that fits closer to the length of time the rise fits, rather than a rise that is way too long and a width that is too small to snappi like regular prefolds.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can squeeze my 25 lb son into a red edge but just barely. He though is short and wide. He is also generously endowed in his back side. A lot depends more on how your son is built rather than weight. At 4 months my son fit beautifully in GMD green edge toddler size because of width. At the time it was pretty much the only width that fit my son. I did have to fold down the rise but not as much as you might think because as I said he has an amply endowed hind end. Now he is slimming down those same diapers are too big on him. He now fits best in the brown edge but we do need to fold down a bit. Whereas before I would squeeze to get it around and didn't have to fold down at all.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 8 month old is still in yellows. I find that their bodies change and can fit things they couldn't before. That's why m1r DD can still wear 18 mo shorts under a skirt.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

My son grew out of yellow using a snappi at 17 lbs. He is tall(75th percentile) and thin(36th percentile). He uses reds now at 23 lbs and yellows trifolded in flip covers.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

It has to do more with the shape than the weight. Those are just estimates. I think looking at the prepped measurements are more accurate for determining fit. The yellows are really more of an infant size. My DD outgrew them in the width about 4-5 months. I think the reds are a better fit for that size. My DD is 28 lbs and petite and PLed out of red size.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote