Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning sickness

How do you deal? I'm currently on the heaviest dose of Zofran (generic, if that makes a difference) that my gp is comfortable prescribing. It helps keep me from gagging and vomiting, but that simmering vomit feeling is still there. I don't want to eat because of it.

I have a call in to my ob, but I can't actually be seen until October 2. They sent a message to the on-call doctor, but said that I may have to go to the ER or Urgent Care clinic to be seen. I would really like to avoid going that route because that means I have to find somebody to watch my boys and possibly somebody to drive me.

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Morning sickness

Ugh. I just ate crackers and sipped tea. I didnt actually throw up from it tho. Hope it eases soon!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Milk first thing in the morning helped me. Also taking vitamins at night. Even the thought of pills make me want to gag, I can only take them with milk or soda or they don't make it down. Eat just a little in the morning, then once you feel more settled, eat a little more. I also carry around plenty of snacks so whenever I have a non-nauseous moment, I can eat. I also cheat and drink a Boost on days where I can't force myself to eat anything.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Ugh. I just ate crackers and sipped tea. I didnt actually throw up from it tho. Hope it eases soon!!!
I've got some tea brewing now. Hopefully I'll at least be better hydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Milk first thing in the morning helped me. Also taking vitamins at night. Even the thought of pills make me want to gag, I can only take them with milk or soda or they don't make it down. Eat just a little in the morning, then once you feel more settled, eat a little more. I also carry around plenty of snacks so whenever I have a non-nauseous moment, I can eat. I also cheat and drink a Boost on days where I can't force myself to eat anything.
I can't even drink milk when not pregnant I try to choke down a gummi multi and a gummi calcium when I feel like I'll have the most success keeping it down. The problem is that my stomach never feels settled. I try to eat what I'm pretty sure will stay down, but then I'm laying on the couch feel like I'm going to be sick for the rest of the day.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

That's exactly how I was- Zofran kept me from actually vomiting, but I felt like I was on the edge of vomiting all day, every day. Even with Zofran, I couldn't even drink water or brush my teeth; it was bad. Phenergan with Zofran has been helping me a lot. I felt so much better with the Phenergan that I tried just taking that.... turns out it only makes you FEEL like you're not going to vomit, so I need both meds at once.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I'm on Diclectin and it's doing the same thing - making me sleepy, so that I can sleep my way through the nausea when DH is home, and keeping me from actually vomiting for the most part when I have to be up and dealing with life. I'm fairly certain I'm becoming dehydrated because even water makes me bleeech. Yesterday I thought that I was going to die.
Good news! Today I felt awesome. Slightly nauseous, but I was able to eat a meal and enjoy it! I wasn't even scared or thinking of what it would taste like coming back up or nothin'! So there are good days out there waiting for you!
I hope that you find a solution - for me, it appears that adding Zantac to Diclectin made a pretty big difference, but I have acid reflux. I hope that tomorrow you can have a good day, too!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hopefully as we get closer to 13 weeks (and the second trimester!) this m/s will be a thing of the past for our group!

I'm rather glad now that I didn't bother going to the Dr to try diclectin (had considered it) - I haven't vomited, but not for my body's lack of wanting to, kwim? I just really hate puking and fight it like crazy. But there have been a bunch of times I know I could have, if I had just let myself. Instead I lay there and say "NO. I REFUSE to puke." DH laughs at me... and feels sorry for me, too
But I have that "I'm going to puke" feeling nearly all day, and then worsening as late afternoon hits and through the evening.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

With DD2 I felt a nauseous feeling almost all day, and when we went on vacation and I forgot to take my prenatal vitamin, I realized I barely felt sick. I switched up the vitamin and felt quite a bit better. I was no where near what you all are having to battle through, but maybe it could help a little? **hugs**

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
I'm on Diclectin and it's doing the same thing - making me sleepy, so that I can sleep my way through the nausea when DH is home, and keeping me from actually vomiting for the most part when I have to be up and dealing with life. I'm fairly certain I'm becoming dehydrated because even water makes me bleeech. Yesterday I thought that I was going to die.
Good news! Today I felt awesome. Slightly nauseous, but I was able to eat a meal and enjoy it! I wasn't even scared or thinking of what it would taste like coming back up or nothin'! So there are good days out there waiting for you!
I hope that you find a solution - for me, it appears that adding Zantac to Diclectin made a pretty big difference, but I have acid reflux. I hope that tomorrow you can have a good day, too!
I'm hoping the good days come soon. I'm glad you felt better yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Hopefully as we get closer to 13 weeks (and the second trimester!) this m/s will be a thing of the past for our group!

I'm rather glad now that I didn't bother going to the Dr to try diclectin (had considered it) - I haven't vomited, but not for my body's lack of wanting to, kwim? I just really hate puking and fight it like crazy. But there have been a bunch of times I know I could have, if I had just let myself. Instead I lay there and say "NO. I REFUSE to puke." DH laughs at me... and feels sorry for me, too
But I have that "I'm going to puke" feeling nearly all day, and then worsening as late afternoon hits and through the evening.
I will fight throwing up tooth and nail even though my rational side knows I'd probably feel better if I just got it over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira
With DD2 I felt a nauseous feeling almost all day, and when we went on vacation and I forgot to take my prenatal vitamin, I realized I barely felt sick. I switched up the vitamin and felt quite a bit better. I was no where near what you all are having to battle through, but maybe it could help a little? **hugs**
I don't take prenatals for that reason. I start once the ms is gone.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
I haven't taken mine since the m/s kicked in. I just can't do it! I couldn't take them in the morning when I actually feel decent enough to, because vitamins tend to give me migraines or IBS troubles (or both). And by bedtime I'm feeling so that I couldn't stomach them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post
I will fight throwing up tooth and nail even though my rational side knows I'd probably feel better if I just got it over with.
I said the same thing to DH the other day. He said I wouldn't feel any better, cuz it's not like a tummy bug that your body is trying to get rid of, kwim? Ah well, I didn't want to puke and try it anyways!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote