Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Preparing My Twins for a Sister

My twin girls are 18 months, they love babies but they get possessive over me if I hold another baby. I am making them newborn style Waldorf dolls for Christmas. Any advice on how to prepare them?

A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Preparing My Twins for a Sister

I was really worried with my boys each time we added a new sibling, but each time they are so in love it's ever been an issue.

My first was only a year old when he became a big brother, and still a baby himself, but assumed his new role as soon as the baby was here.

My second was SO clingy and attached only to me. He wouldn't let other people do things for him, and was very possessive of me holding other babies...and then when I had his sister it just completely disappeared.

I think it's important not to let the baby subtract from the attention they get completely. Taking care of a newborn is a lot of work, but I always had my older ones help me with things, and talked to them or sat on the floor where they were playing when I nursed or changed the baby so there wasn't as much adjustment from what our normal already was.
Hi I'm Sara mommy to 4 little Mischief Makers
SaraElise is offline   Reply With Quote