Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #51
hodgenkc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Under 2 years apart?

umm it was a complete blur Mine are 17 months apart. Its wonderful now. They are girl/boy. They get along exceptionally good & are best buds. They have some common interests & are just at that same stage so to speak.

But when they were little, in the beginning, it was rough. I didnt feel like I was able to spend enough time or enjoy it. We ended up having a 3rd & she is 13 months (other to are 7 & 6). I really hate the gap inbetween them, but honestly with them being older, & helpful this last one has been so nice. I have more time, more helpers & I'm really enjoying it this time around.

Obviously everyone is different,& if you have some support, either from friends, family, husband...that will really help.

Advertisement

hodgenkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #52
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerswife View Post
I have 10.5 months between #1 & #2 14 months between #2 & #3 and will have 15 months between #3 & #4 so I will have 4 under 3.5
Wow mama! I have 14 months between 1 & 2, 2 years between 2 & 3, 13 months between 3 & 4. In total we had 4 in under 4.5 years. I was joking with DH recently while we were enjoying a dinner by ourselves (rare!). There was a table of teenagers next to us. They were being typical teenagers (sort of annoying ) and I said most will only have a table like that when their kids have friends over, but that will be our dinner table every night. When I think about that I am happy they are still so little. We don't do a whole lot outside of the house, but thankfully we have a great yard to play in and grandparents who will help us get a date night in every other week or so.

I've made over $250 on Swagbucks! sign up and you can too!
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #53
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

This thread is awesome I only have one baby who is 15 months. But I've had a little baby fever since my husband got home from deployment! Taking care of two children terrifies me but I think it would be so nice for emery to have a play mate! Love reading all the replies in here
Old 09-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #54
Xythnia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calapitters View Post
**SNIP**.....YDD took to having a baby brother really well. She is just such an intense kiddo that it can be very...trying...to meet her needs while caring for a newborn.

ACCEPT AND PLAN FOR AS MUCH HELP as you can for the first 2-3 weeks. Bum your toddler off on anyone. Alright, not anyone, but you get the point.....
Thank you. I was kind of torn 'bumming' my big girl off on family and her play place once our newbie arrives...but I want time to bond with the new DD, not TOO much stress with older DD since she is intense/emotional herself and I think at her age she needs more interaction with kids her age anyways (which is hard - no kiddos around here her age...). But older DD LOVES babies and is so excited to meet her new lil sis I think things will work well.

We are planning for one more kiddo less than 2 years from this one. We would like them to be 18-22 months apart, which will be interesting. My mom did it with 4 (my older siblings and none of them have more than 2 years between them (1 set of twins in there as well)! They were all pretty close growing up, all did track & field in HS so I think close gaps can be pretty awesome. My lil sis and I have 4yrs on the nose between us and sadly, I haven't been able to stand her since we were young! But that's just us.
ISO: Size 1 Mini Nappis, Capris, Simplex, and Thirsties

Last edited by Xythnia; 09-15-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Xythnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #55
shannychi
Registered Users
seller

I brought #3 home from the hospital when #1 was not yet 3 years old and #2 was 17 months. #2 regressed a littlewith his pacifier, but he's 6 now and is fine. He would sit next to me and play with my hair while I nursed #3. #3 and #4 are a little less than 3 years apart and #4 and #5 are about 20 months apart. To be honest, it was very busy with the first three, but I had to adjust my ideas of what I would get accomplisedh each day andwhat trips out of the house would entail. I love that they are close in age - its always fun at our house.

Another big thing for me was dealing with friends that only have 1, 2 or even 3 kids - the expectations aren't realistic for how much I can get together or that I even want to and I've had to come to terms with that and am very happy. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Last edited by shannychi; 09-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.
shannychi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #56
JennyAnneC
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons

That's how my sil has 8 kids. But I hear potty training easy. When u do one the other is close to follow ( my mil & my cousin). I have bigger gap of 6.5 yrs or so & older most of the time helps at night pick ups, diaper grabber, small towel folder......
This is happening now for me. DS1 (3.5 yo) potty trained over the summer. DS2 (22 months) mimics him and asks to sit on the potty.

DS3 is 10 months. The gaps are 21 months and 12 months. Right now has been the hardest for me. DS3 is starting to walk and be very active and DS2 is getting close to 2 and is testing his limits. When DS3 was a newborn it was easier, I had a little help for awhile and DS3 slept so much and was content in the carrier. Now he is active and needs chasing. We spent a lot of time in our family room that is baby proofed and gated off. I kept a travel yard in there for DS3 to sleep in during the day.
JennyAnneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first 2 were 22 months apart (was due with #2 on #1s 2nd bday but he came early) and then #2 and #3 are 14 months apart. Things were an adjustment for my second but he was in the NICU so I knew it would be hard. When my third was born 3 months early and he too was in the NICU it was rough too but we made it. The only thing that made it hard was not getting much sleep and having hyper toddlers running about and not being able to get them all to nap at the same time. Take any help you can get, sleep when you can, and just remember that it's not impossible...just adventurous.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #58
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine are 15 months apart and love eachother so much. I'm so so happy that God blessed us with 2 babies to grow up together. We are hoping that God blesses us with another soon, if it is his plan. I feel "off" not being pregnant for 2 years, after being pregnant for practically 2 years straight!

as for the PLing thing, I did find it to be true. DS PLd at 27 months, and DD caught on early from him and PLd by herself (completely...I really did nothing lol) at 23 months
Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #59
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgenkc View Post
umm it was a complete blur Mine are 17 months apart. Its wonderful now. They are girl/boy. They get along exceptionally good & are best buds. They have some common interests & are just at that same stage so to speak.

But when they were little, in the beginning, it was rough. I didnt feel like I was able to spend enough time or enjoy it. We ended up having a 3rd & she is 13 months (other to are 7 & 6). I really hate the gap inbetween them, but honestly with them being older, & helpful this last one has been so nice. I have more time, more helpers & I'm really enjoying it this time around.

Obviously everyone is different,& if you have some support, either from friends, family, husband...that will really help.
What do you mean by "it was rough"? mine are 2,5 yo and 11mo, and older sister doesn't really care about her little sister, Was your experience similar? When did it change?
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #60
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My middle 2 are only 15 months apart, and my others are 2yrs apart. I like the 2 year spacing a little better because I remember more of their baby years since I was pregnant through them. I do like how close the kids are now, though.