Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller

Caden's birth story

Sorry I haven't been on very much! Computer has been in the shop and just got it back recently. But back to the birth story..

First off, I'm going to say that Caden arrived 13 days after my due date. I was completely ready for him on my due date so as the days ticked on I started doing things to help labor along like walking miles a day and bouncing on my yoga ball but nothing was happening! On Saturday August 11th, I decided to get down on my hands and knees and clean the kitchen floor. Later that night around 10pm, I started having more regular and stronger contractions. I was up most of the night but felt it was too soon to go to the hospital. The next day at around noon I felt my contractions were strong enough to go to the hospital. I arrived and was checked in at 1pm on Sunday August 12th. A man came in to put in my IV. He blew through my first vein, and placed my second one in the wrong place for pushing (My wrist). When he drew blood from the IV, he did it wrong and had to come back and stick me again to draw blood! At that point, I told my nurse that I wanted someone else to do my IV. The anesthesiologist came in and numbed my arm before putting in the IV (my savior!). I now have bruses all over my arms. At 8pm my doctors felt that my contractions were not progressing fast enough so they gave me pitocin. I had not felt that I needed an epi until the pitocin started to take effect. I had the anesthesiologist come back and give me the epi. Things felt like that went super fast after that. At around 1am they told me to start pushing. Things weren't going as fast as the doctors wanted and Caden's heart rate was dropping with pushes. Next thing I knew, there were over 13 people in the delivery room! 4 nurses for Caden because there was miconium in my water, a doctor, midwife, intern, my mom, my aunt, my cousin, and more nurses! Caden's head was turning when I pushed and when he finally arrived his hand was on his face. His head came out just fine but I tore when he elbow came out (3rd degree!) It took so long because he was pushing back with his arm. He really didn't want to come out! When they took him over to the warmer, he let out one big scream and then was quiet and just started looking around at everyone. He was absolutely perfect weighing 7lbs 13oz and 21 in long. He has just been the most perfect baby anyone could ask for. He doesn't cry, just whimpers when he wants something and he is just so beautiful.

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great first birth Angie!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Caden's birth story

nak
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congratulations!! Sorry about the tearing, I hope you are recovering well. Glad to hear he is such a good baby. I'm so happy for you!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Yay, congratulations!

How has your recovery been? My first baby was born with her hand at her face, and that caused prolonged pushing and a lot of tearing. Ouch!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
philenabean
Registered Users

Sorry about the tearing! Congrats on a beautiful baby boy
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

He looks so precious! Enjoy!