Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

luck needed!

Please wish my hubby lots of luck! He is on his way to a staffing service that works for a couple of the local coal mines. We need him to start working this week! Pray they have something available!

He lost his job back in january. His unemployment runs out next week and we will get $76. Everything is rideing on a job this week! Our bills are way behind and we can't even keep food in our mouths. Our marrage is suffering big time!

Oh and to add full to the fire, on his way to the place a tire blew out on our car. We don't have money to fix it!

I'm so stressed!

So wish him lots of luck!

Jessica Sent from my DROID3 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
ddcmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: luck needed!

Good luck!! I hope he gets the job!!
ddcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Any news??
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
breefawn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Luck!!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck to him, but please check into the unemployment extensions
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
adiaraymom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wishing luck for your DH
adiaraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

UPDATE..!

so he got the job, but he is on a waiting list. the mine has a call for 26 miners, they don't have enought miners employed yet to send them. He is number 2 on the list because of his underground mining experience. He could get the call Monday or 4 weeks from now. Its just a waiting game!

I got a job interview for seasonal help at sony dadc factory. its 12hr shifts. 3 on 4 off. If I get it and he starts working I might have to quit. We only have 1 car and I don't have a baby sitter. And there no as needed daycare around.
I can't wait for dh to go back to work! I know he is ready! I am too! I do plan on taking my surface mining classes so I can try to get a job at the mine too! Maybe drive a big ol' tonka truck!! (Ya I'm a tom-boy) it would be awesome! And the money will be amazing!

Also he will be applying for his unemployment ext. Monday(if it let's him) idk if he will get it. If he does it will be 2-3 weeks before we get a payment! So pray he starts work this coming week! Thanks everyone for the good vibes, prayers, and luck! I need it and he does too. Life has been real hard. And in june he was put in the hospital for a mental breakdown. And placed on a 48hr sucide watch. Noe we have $8000 in medical bills and no insurance. Plus all the other bills we are behind! Keep prays coming! Thank you!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhays84 View Post
UPDATE..!

so he got the job, but he is on a waiting list. the mine has a call for 26 miners, they don't have enought miners employed yet to send them. He is number 2 on the list because of his underground mining experience. He could get the call Monday or 4 weeks from now. Its just a waiting game!

I got a job interview for seasonal help at sony dadc factory. its 12hr shifts. 3 on 4 off. If I get it and he starts working I might have to quit. We only have 1 car and I don't have a baby sitter. And there no as needed daycare around.
I can't wait for dh to go back to work! I know he is ready! I am too! I do plan on taking my surface mining classes so I can try to get a job at the mine too! Maybe drive a big ol' tonka truck!! (Ya I'm a tom-boy) it would be awesome! And the money will be amazing!

Also he will be applying for his unemployment ext. Monday(if it let's him) idk if he will get it. If he does it will be 2-3 weeks before we get a payment! So pray he starts work this coming week! Thanks everyone for the good vibes, prayers, and luck! I need it and he does too. Life has been real hard. And in june he was put in the hospital for a mental breakdown. And placed on a 48hr sucide watch. Noe we have $8000 in medical bills and no insurance. Plus all the other bills we are behind! Keep prays coming! Thank you!

Mama, call that hospital he was at and ask to apply for their charity program. I work for a hospital and mine would cover you guys at 100% for charity care, for sure. The income limits are very high - much higher than Medicaid. Definitely ask... you don't want an $8k medical bill following you around. You may also qualify for Medicaid or at least CHIP. The hospital can help you apply.

Hope your DH is working now, and things are looking up. My DH has been through a lot of unemployment stints also - he works construction which is hard hit by the economy - but we pulled through somehow, and yuo will too
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu

Mama, call that hospital he was at and ask to apply for their charity program. I work for a hospital and mine would cover you guys at 100% for charity care, for sure. The income limits are very high - much higher than Medicaid. Definitely ask... you don't want an $8k medical bill following you around. You may also qualify for Medicaid or at least CHIP. The hospital can help you apply.

Hope your DH is working now, and things are looking up. My DH has been through a lot of unemployment stints also - he works construction which is hard hit by the economy - but we pulled through somehow, and yuo will too
Thanks. Ill do some calling around. I already tried medicaid, dh and I got denied. Dh still isn't working yet. He called and said it is almost filled. I hope it only takes a couple more weeks. I go a job. I will hate it. I have workeed there before. I start in a week or so. I'm not sure what will happen hen dh goes back to work since we only have 1 car and no baby sitter.

dropped my phone in wateer so my keyboard has a mind of its own! sorry for any crazy spellingsd!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope all works out for you guys!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote