Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Re: A vent of sorts, also need opinions home birth vs unassisted vs hospital

Also I might add that althought the m/w only came 20 mins before the baby got here and I was already pushing and I could have just as well done unassisted. she had to do stitches on me and make sure I didnt bleed to death b/c I lost a lot of blood. and she had to do uterine massages to get the blood clots out. but massages you could learn and you could be prepared with herbs to stop bleeding and you could use dermabond to hold you over until someone stitches you if you tear if you did do uc.

Advertisement

cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I can't wait to follow your story. Please keep us updated. I am due in February and have a similar conundrum. We are getting prenatal care from a local midwife practice and planning UC but have back-up 5 minutes away. My dear friend is an RN, she has worked in Labor and Delivery as well as critical care nursery for many years. She volunteered to be present but when I asked her recently she changed her mind. I am disapointed because I felt like that was a perfect solution but I respect her feelings. I have precepitus deliveries and there is no way a homebirth midwife would get here in time anyway. Seems foolish to spend $1000's of dollars to UC kwim. Now if there is an issue we can get to the hospital in a matter of minutes. I heard about this resource on a UC website and wanted to share.

http://www.theperfectbirth.com/gregorywhite.pdf

It is like a crash course manual in childbirth. I am still waiting for my copy of Heart and Hands but this is great maybe for the DHs to read. Maybe we could get a forum for UC?
I'll make sure to update! And thank you for sharing that link to that book! I'm defiantly going to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Be08 View Post
Just saw this! We uc'd with ds3 and will be with this baby as well. I can't wait to hear all about yours!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Yay! I'm excited to hear how your goes this time too! Did you write out. Birth story for your ds3? I'd love to read it if you did!
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to update. We will not be UCing. Baby was diagnosed with a heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot and will have to have heart surgery sometime the first year after birth.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874
Just wanted to update. We will not be UCing. Baby was diagnosed with a heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot and will have to have heart surgery sometime the first year after birth.
I'm sorry! Having a sick newborn is super stressful. DS had a bowel blockage that was diagnosed in utero. He had surgery at like 23 hours old. It was a 6 hour surgery and so stressful. We then spent 3 weeks in the NICU.
Pm if you need someone to chat with!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874 View Post
I am sorry mama. We will pray for you and baby.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wanted to update. My little guy was born 1/11/13. Pain med free hospital induction that went as well as I could have hoped! His birth story is here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1486672