Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am SO done buying used!!

Have been buying/selling on here and other places on the net for YEARS and never had more than a few bumps along the way.

Until now.

I have had HORRIBLE transactions lately. Like 6-8 over the last 3 months (not just on here). People totally telling me things are in VGC to EXC condition and I get them and they are FULL of stains, holes, etc. I am not really all the picky, but good grief! Accurately describe your things, please!

I kept wondering why my stuff wasnt selling, but if others are getting the same treatment I am, it's no wonder. And no one seems to be leaving accurate feedback.... If I can't sell my things, I can't buy...and I sure can't afford new!

And don't tell me that because I am getting a "deal" on something that should have cost a whole lot more you don't have to accurately describe all the flaws!

Is everyone else having the same issue or just me???

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am SO done buying used!!

That's y I ask lots of questions b4 I buy. I got few diapers on here like that but I was worried on crotch size more.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Most of what I have gotten has been as described. However I did get some new in Package flats. As they were new in package I didn't think to ask for stains . When they arrived they were covered in stains. I did manage to remove them but would certainly have offered less had I known the condition of the diapers.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I hardly buy used.... It is so gross! I can not stand when people say their pets do not wear the diapers yet I get something with hair fall off it when I open the package... :yuk:
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i agree, a couple of months ago, i bought a dozen PF's from someone on here, and dry, they smell fine, but once they are peed in, the ammonia is awful! I have tried every way under the sun to strip them to get them back to normal, but cant. Had I known this, I would have never bought them, and I refuse to sell them to anyone else becasue of this, so they are sitting in my closet. I think they would be just fine for burp cloths, but not for real diapers
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is really frustrating. I don't like buying used for the same reason. I don't know that everyone who misrepresents their items is doing it on purpose, I think some people just have different standards, kwim?

I would rather buy new cheap diapers (flats, clearance, seconds) than take my chances on what someone else "thinks" is EUC.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmmm........I guess I've been pretty lucky because I've had a lot of luck buying used.......both here and local. I don't buy much used here anymore because I find the prices really high but I still buy used locally without issue. I hope my luck continues....knock on wood!!! Edit: I should add, it's very, very worth it to buy used where I'm from......people sell things here for amazing deals (myself included) so it all works out.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
MilaniasSuperMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I have only bought used off of here and craigslist. I have been mostly happy with everything I bought until recently just like the OP. The last 3 months have been pretty bad. I even had to file a PP dispute against 1 person who refused to let me return the diapers even though I asked if the diapers (BGE) had holes and she said no. When I received them, all 13 had holes.........wth? Then she said it was a good deal anyway and she had been using them in that condition and she could have made more money on them but wanted to sell quickly. I was not going to use those on my child and didn't have time to sew them up.....crazy!!! I have had a couple other diaper purchases, one was a bunch of bg 4.0 but several had cracked pull, not happy because I paid around $12 each. That momma was nice about though. Another I bought some bg 3.0 from, 2 diapers had paint on them and 1 had a huge hole in the butt. Like you could literally see through it. That's when I came to the conclusion that people are just listing their diapers and not even looking at them to check the condition. How do you miss 2 blue diapers with green paint splattered on them and a huge hole in the butt?! I used to buy on here all the time but not so much anymore.
MilaniasSuperMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
jujee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am due for my first soon and so I've been wanting to CD and came here to get good deals. So far so good for me, but now I'm afraid of future purchases.

Sucks, but yeah not everyone looks over their items and may have different terminology of what EUC is.
jujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #10
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

IDK...I've had my fair share of good transactions over the last year and a half. I was taken (like REALLY taken) on a trade before. I think this is why, if I have something to list, I list it with bad side first. No sugar cote. I think I have a bigger issue with pricing being as high as new. I think the fact that it is in your hands should knock it down a few dollars, if that makes sense.