Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry to hear this, I've been buying for 3 years here and Spots and I've never had a bad transaction. I'm curious though, when ppl say things are grossly misrepresented...did you not see pics?

Advertisement

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)

Last edited by Beesgirl; 08-24-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
reesie
Registered Users
seller

Re: I am SO done buying used!!

With the exception of the wool covers I sell which r new almost my entire stash is preworn bought through here. Overall my purchases have been wonderful, a few losers but that has not been the norm. I do check feedback prior to bidding. Most sellers are moms like me, just want to be honest and get what they pay for. New is just so darn expensive.
reesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
I'm sorry to hear this, I've been buying for 3 years here and Spots and I've never had a bad transaction. I'm curious though, when ppl say things are grossly misrepresented...did you not see pics?
Yep...saw pics each time. They were taken in a way that problems didn't show.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Most of what I have gotten has been as described. However I did get some new in Package flats. As they were new in package I didn't think to ask for stains . When they arrived they were covered in stains. I did manage to remove them but would certainly have offered less had I known the condition of the diapers.
What????? Yeah, I guess you should have asked if there were stains...lol.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw, that disappoints me to hear that! As someone who takes diapers on a consignment basis and resells them I am very picky about what I take and ask lots of questions. The price definitely reflects the condition to me. I would be very frustrated if I bought a diaper that wasn't as described.
New in package diapers shouldn't come with stains on them, that's terrible! The only reason that should happen is if they were second quality and the seller didn't tell you that but even than it should just be dirt stains.
KimA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
dannic
Registered Users

For me, diapers are an investment and I don/t really b/s/t. I use what I have and buy what I need. I would rather buy new even if it means not a ginormous stash...I have bought loved diapers (5) from retailers, but I feel I have better chance of getting what they say it is, and better recourse if it's not.
I also just don't want the hassle of selling...

Like Alaskamum, (hi!) I feel I have beeter chances with seconds, and finding deals on what I need new.

I would totally be grossed out by some of the things I've read on here. EW. LOL.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been pretty lucky. I've had one diaper not as described but that was my fault for not looking really closely at the pictures she sent. I will only buy used after seeing the outside and inside. If I want to see something more closely, I will ask for more pictures.
Having said/typed this, I love new and will buy new when I can. There's just something awesome about a new diaper. Squish!

Oh, and every diaper I get in my house that's used gets a bleaching. I use GMs and I still bleach. My son's boy bits are more important to me than a diaper.

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As a soon-to-be-destasher, I am disappointed that scammers/misrepresenters are out there, ruining it for those of us who are honest.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the most part, I have found most transactions to be great. But there have definitely been some that really ticked me off. Either not as described items or items with flaws that were not pointed out by the seller. (Like buying unbleached organic diapers that come white because someone bleached them along the way..) Now I always ask if dipes have been bleached. And if I buy wool, if not specified in the listing by the seller, I ask, any felting/shrinkage, holes, or stains? I have definitely had several disappointing purchases clustered in a short period of time before, as one of the posters mentioned... and that is discouraging... but as a whole, I enjoy buying second hand and the majority of my buying transactions.. 90%+?? have been good.

and qsefthuko, that is ridiculous that someone sent you NIP with stains!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's sad to hear. I have bought about 95% of my diapers used and been very happy. I have sold enough. I have thought about not even putting the terms EUC/GUC ect and just describing them since everyone's definition is different. I always try and describe them with great detail.