Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #21
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am SO done buying used!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Newtons View Post
Have been buying/selling on here and other places on the net for YEARS and never had more than a few bumps along the way.

Until now.

I have had HORRIBLE transactions lately. Like 6-8 over the last 3 months (not just on here). People totally telling me things are in VGC to EXC condition and I get them and they are FULL of stains, holes, etc. I am not really all the picky, but good grief! Accurately describe your things, please!

I kept wondering why my stuff wasnt selling, but if others are getting the same treatment I am, it's no wonder. And no one seems to be leaving accurate feedback.... If I can't sell my things, I can't buy...and I sure can't afford new!

And don't tell me that because I am getting a "deal" on something that should have cost a whole lot more you don't have to accurately describe all the flaws!

Is everyone else having the same issue or just me???
Well on the plus side, I purchased from you and had a wonderful transaction and the diapers were awesome

Just on a lighter note

Advertisement

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've mostly great transactions on here...only a few slightly misrepresentd items when I was a newbie to DS and didnt know much about cloth diapers. As I've gotten wiser and more comfortable/familiar with some posters, I've gotten some great deals here. I've only had one bad transaction on Spots where my item never came and the seller didnt respond, but paypal sided with me and I received a full refund.

I hope some bad apples don't spoil it for everyone
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've mostly great transactions on here...only a few slightly misrepresentd items when I was a newbie to DS and didnt know much about cloth diapers. As I've gotten wiser and more comfortable/familiar with some posters, I've gotten some great deals here. I've only had one bad transaction on Spots where my item never came and the seller didnt respond, but paypal sided with me and I received a full refund.

I hope some bad apples don't spoil it for everyone
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
Iliana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
I would rather buy new cheap diapers (flats, clearance, seconds) than take my chances on what someone else "thinks" is EUC.
I agree. I have been looking for prefolds here and on Craigslist and they are as expensive as the brand new ones! The reason why most are trying to buy used is to save a little extra money!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #25
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I was wondering why things were not moving on here as they have in the past!! Maybe this explains it!!!

I have bought many things here and have always been 100% happy so I assumed this was the case for everyone. Sorry to you mamas that have had bad experiences.

Plus, the cost of shipping is really killer as a seller and as a buyer. I recently discovered that it costs a min of $6 in shipping/paypal fees to sell even 1 item. I think this is why the cost of used (especially prefolds/fitteds) has to be at least 60-75% of new because otherwise it literally costs you money to sell things on here.

I am personally considering not selling on here at all b/c a)its really a lot of work to post/field questions/update posts/ship b) you make barely anything at all after shipping and fees c)people wanna buy things for less than half of new cost (which I totally understand), but that's completely impossible as a seller. Im considering just dealing locally, but I really love ds and want to support the fsot forum.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #26
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There ARE good deals to be had, you just have to be patient and watch. I got 14 GMD yellow edged prefolds about a month ago in new condition for $22ppd. Just like garage sales, only 1 out of every 15 or so is a score!

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ive not bought a lot recently but I did just get 2 different lots of diapers. They both needed to be strippes but Im not scared of bleach and lots of hot water. Ive not had an issue I couldn't fix. . . .
Ive had mostly pleasant transactions, but theres always a few I would have paid less for had I known. I stafted only shopping for bargins though. If its only a few dollars off new, Id rather buy new.

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #28
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Please don't give up on FSOT/spots. For alot of mamas, fsot/spots is how they are anle to make cding possible. There are lots of very honest mamas on DS, with a few crazies sprinkled in . Always ask for pics, lots of detailed ones. It helps a lot to buy from mamas who frequent EF, who you know baby their woolies/cd's. Always pay with pp, and don't be afraid to file a claim if the seller isn't making things right. Over the years I have become very picky who I buy from--- only have had one or two bad transactions, but they turned out ok in the end.

Last edited by lavender dragonfly; 08-24-2012 at 02:39 PM.
lavender dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

I'm a bargain shopper too... but I'd say most of my purchases were as expected, a few were better than I could have imagined, and a few I was disappointed with. What gets under my skin is when I DO ask specifically about loose elastic or wear along edges and their interpretation of what is "good" is vastly different from mine.

When I eventually list my stash for sale, I won't use GUC or EUC and simply describe each one regarding every aspect. My diapers will have gone through a minimum of three children (mine) and most I did get used so it's pretty safe to say even that they've been through four children. They don't owe us anything... and I intend to price them LOW and hope they go to people who genuinely need them.

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I used to buy used a lot, but got to the point where I only wanted EEUC / like new, and most of the dipes we use can be purchased new with a discount code for the same as the used ones in that condition.
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote