Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
VaBigMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me your best tips about travelling with kids. Bonus for tips about Disneylan

Keeping them well fed is a must. And always schedule time to use the hotel pool. It may be something they can do at home and not something special, but my kids love to just swim and it can be a good mid day break before hitting the parks again. If you go to Disney use express pass so the kids don't have to wait in line and make sure you cool off by eating in air conditioning.

Advertisement

VaBigMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat
Having a stroller in the airport for the kids or carseats can help a lot. I did use a stroller at WDW and DLRP, but I hardly used one in DL, as I love my carrier. The nice thing is most rides will allow you to ride with the child in a soft sided carrier (no Mobys though on a few rides), which is great if you can get them to nap in the carrier. We often had DS napping in his.

For the plane, I also suggest special activity bags for every kid. I would get a bag and pack it with small snacks, some favorite small toys, some activity toys like things to color, and a few cheap brand new toys as well. Don't let the kids see what is inside until you are on the plane. Doing this has helped a ton on our long flights.
This is good to know. So i should probably bring a ssc instead of a wrap at the park. Ds has never slept in the stroller so a carrier is a must.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me your best tips about travelling with kids. Bonus for tips about Disneylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
This is good to know. So i should probably bring a ssc instead of a wrap at the park. Ds has never slept in the stroller so a carrier is a must.
I personally if you find them equally comfortable I would bring the SSC. I know that at least on Toy Story Mania (and one more I am forgetting) would not allow you to wear the child in a wrap. The carrier for us came in so handy as I would ride things like The Haunted Mansion that my DS started to dislike, while he was asleep. We got tons done with him in his carrier. It was great just how many rides allow you to wear them in a carrier on the ride.

Also use parent swap! With the older kids, you might want to ride things that won't work for the smaller kids. You can go to the entrance for any ride with a height restriction (I heard possible Haunted Manison too), and ask for a parent swap pass. You wait in line, while the rest of your party does their things with the little kids, then give when your done those in your party who also want to ride, go to the exit usually and just ride, while the others watch the smaller kids. This has been so helpful for DH and I when it was just us with DS, we still got to ride all the big "coasters" even with him. The nice thing is if the older kids want to go twice they can they just head back on with the other adult. The kids love that!
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow that is so cool. Thanks! Can you do that with an type of park entrance ticket? Or is it a certain one that alows the parent swap?

And can u tell me a lil about the weather around that time. We will be there first week of june.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone can do parent swap. Basically everyone walks up to the ride, and you tell the person at the entrance, we want a parent swap pass. They will give you a piece of paper, then the group with the young kids takes off to do whatever, and the Older party gets in line. When the older group is done, the adult from the other group, takes the pass with who ever else wants to ride, to the entrance and they will tell you were to go, and they get on the ride pretty quickly, no line waiting.

In comparison to Hawaii, it will be similar, but there is a higher chance in June to get "June Gloom" basically a chilly overcast, that last the morning until the afternoon, burns off, and brings a slight chill to the evening. Overall expect 60's lows, up to 80's for the high, though freak wet or heat waves can happen. Over all it should be pretty darn nice, that time of year.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Will ds be able to go on any cool rides? He will be 2
Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #17
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, not everything, but lots. It's by height not age, many rides like Pirates have no height restrictions, but all the "mountain" rides do. I think the only bummer is the racers in Carsland, which I think my three year old won't even make in Dec, but at two he never cared what he couldn't do, since he could do so much.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #18
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks. we were looking at the Lightning McQueen one. It's like 40" or something yeah? My friend's son will be soo bummed if he doesn't make the height. he's almost 3 now
Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

If it makes you feel any better, my Cars-obsessed 3yo is only 34", so not only can he NOT ride the Radiator Springs Racers, he can't ride ANY of the rides w/ height requirements (Gadget's Go Coaster, is the shortest requirement at 35"). He still LOVES Disneyland and DCA. There are TONS of things he CAN do, so he doesn't care about the things he can't.

(I care though, b/c now that he's 3, I have to buy him a ticket and he can't ride anything that a 1yo can't ride and the 1-2yos are FREE).

Some rides have a 32" minimum b/c they don't allow lap-sitting, so they want the kids to be over 1yo. DS couldn't ride those until 2.5.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dbl Post

Last edited by lanwenyi; 08-30-2012 at 08:28 PM.
lanwenyi is offline   Reply With Quote