Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Foxfiregrrl
Registered Users

Any luck w/ underwear?

I'm having trouble getting my son to poo in the potty even though he's doing really well with peeing in the potty. I see that a lot of others on here are having the same issue. We used cloth diapers exclusively until we started potty training and then switched to pull ups. He is excited about big boy underwear but I was hesitant because of the mess.

Has anyone had any success with using underwear as an incentive to get their son (or daughter - I just think boys are more stubborn) to poo in the potty?

Any other thoughts? TIA!

Advertisement

Foxfiregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any luck w/ underwear?

yup. let him pick them out himself. i made my kids and let them pick the prints, princess/tink for one; trains for another. they would NOT pee or poop in those. the ones i just made out of extra fabric...yeah not such good luck there lol
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the best luck having my boys go without any pants or undies. They didn't want to poo on the floor and I knew they were ready. Once we got te first poo in the toilet we were set
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It makes a bigger mess in their underwear. Honestly I think the just do it when they are ready. DD was pee trained for 3 months before she got the hang of poop, but one day she just started pooping in the potty and never looked back. Same thing with nights. We used nighttime pullups. All the sudden she hasn't wet at night for 2 weeks, so we ditched them this week.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We always go straight to underwear and my older two have PTed very easily (though we did waited until 2y10m to start).
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote