Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #91
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh boy.

Advertisement

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #92
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

My kid is three years and eight months and we just started nude bottom training today. So far, he doesn't even want to stand up without his diaper and pants. I think he's just stubborn.

Don't dismay, Mama. Your child is not the oldest one in diapers ever and I don't think he will go to second grade still in diapers.

As for potty training advice, I don't have any. This is my first kid, first attempt at potty training and as you can see, he is on the older side. I don't find anyone's advice particularly helpful either. The "if your child is over this age and still not independently toilet trained with almost no accidents, you are a failure" and "well my kid trained himself when he was ready" just don't help for those who have uncaring or stubborn children that don't want to do it. I waited this long because I wanted him to be ready and to want to use the potty like a big boy. It's the kid who chooses to do it by himself that doesn't have a bunch of accidents afterward. The ones who are forced into it often make it a battle that they must win and have a lot of problems and regressions.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote