Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #61
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Today was good. He woke up wet, but I think it's because DD woke him up last night and they were awake and talking for quite some time after bedtime. Dry all morning, including going to church. We got there early enough to take him potty beforehand, and right in the middle during a break (where we had to wait in line in the bathroom), and right afterwards. He peed for me all three times and was dry! Then at home, he was dry all afternoon and wore undies for his nap, and we're about to head back to church again.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #62
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Still dry, still doing well. He wore undies for our grocery trip today, the a diaper this afternoon when I went to the chiro, but I ended up not needing it. About an hour ago, I tried taking him to the potty, and he started to pull down his undies, then said something that I couldn't understand, something like "I ha po potty," while shaking his head "no." So I asked him if he had to go potty right now, and he said no. He had had some drinks earlier so I thought he needed to, but I respected his "no" and we went on with things. He is eating dinner now and is still dry. So he hasn't told me that he DOES have to go, but he's told me that he does NOT have to go (which he has before, too, but usually not until after he's sat on the potty and "played" for a bit and I ask him directly if he has to go or not). This was the first time HE told ME that he doesn't have to go, BEFORE he got anywhere near to sitting on the potty.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #63
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oops. I pushed it too far and didn't pay enough attention and just a couple of minutes after I posted this, he called to me from where he was eating dinner (within my direct line of sight) and pointed at the towel that he was sitting on. It was wet. :/ I had him go to the bathroom and take off his undies and there was poop in them. :/
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #64
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Poop accidents always happen at the table for us too!

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #65
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last night DH was out of town for his biweekly business trip, and I was a little nervous about this morning since he usually handles the first-thing-in-the-morning potty trip. I am usually the one hear DS wake up, then I poke DH so he'll go get him, lol, since I'm super exhausted in the morning.

Anyway, I was on my own this morning, so I pried my eyes open as soon as I heard little feet walking around. I didn't hear the rustle of a diaper, so I first thought that it was DD, but when I looked, there was DS standing there. Then I thought perhaps he had taken his diaper completely off since I didn't hear it, but it was still on. He ran down the hall toward the kitchen, and I went to the bathroom (for my own needs, lol). While I was still sitting there, he comes back into the bathroom and stands there, waiting for me.

Then he squeezes his legs together and grabs himself and gets a slightly worried look in his eyes says, "Don't pee floor." I encourage him to hold on and told him that I'd hurry. When I got off, his diaper was still dry, so I took it off and he sat on the potty and peed.

One thing he's starting to do, though, is say that he doesn't have to go, but if I have him sit on the potty anyway, a decent amount of pee will come out. I am thinking that he doesn't think he has to go until he HAS TO GO, like a last-minute, super-full bladder sort of thing.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #66
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

AAAAAHHH!!!! He just told me he had to go!

I was in the living room, and the kids were in the adjacent playroom. DS comes up the step and as he's doing that, says, "I go potty." He's on his way to the bathroom. I follow him there, and when we get there, he says, "I poop." And sure enough, it was a little small amount of poop in the undies. BUT the front of the undies were dry! I helped him up onto the potty so he wouldn't smear the poop on the seat, and he peed. He told me he had to go potty and he was dry and he peed! I had him sit there for a few minutes to see if any more poop would come out since it was such a small amount, but nothing happened, so I cleaned him up and had him hop off.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #67
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

And the rest of the poop came out a few minutes ago, in a diaper. I should have trusted my mama instincts and left him on the potty, maybe? Oh well, at least it's out of his system now and we're probably good for today now, lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #68
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ahh, yes. The poop dilemma. I ask him if he needs to go more and he'll usually say "go some more" or "no, go away!" If he's not actively going though, I tell him we'll try again later. I've sort of figured out when he needs to go though, and he has a thing he does where he sits down, then gets up and runs back a few times. So I just leave him with his pants off while I do whatever I need to do and he's started just going when he needs to go. I think a little naked time here and there is very useful.

Do you have a potty chair that he can get to by himself?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #69
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
Do you have a potty chair that he can get to by himself?
Uhh, somewhere? We moved a couple of months ago and are super slow with unpacking and I can't find the box that the little potties are in. But, he can get on and off the big toilet unassisted (he uses the sink for leverage, lol), and he can push his pants/undies down easily enough, but just needs help getting them back up after he's done.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #70
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ha, I sent trainers to daycare and he had a poo and pee accident for her. I guess she'd rather deal with that than make an effort to get him to the potty in time.