Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite inexpensive bottles?

Thanks for the suggestions! I just picked up some Parent's Choice for now, but I'm watching for deals on others, too.

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
grahamcracker
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We were using the Playtex drop in kind along with some others. We ended up really liking the Playtex. When I was in babies r us they have a generic of the Playtex that we ended up switching too because it was much cheaper and worked with all the parts we already had from Playtex.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have fostered infants in the past & we are getting licensed to adopt via foster care. If you get an older baby, you will probably need to stick with what they are used to using, which 9 times out of 10 will be the cheap .99 bottles you can get anywhere. If they are newbies, it is pretty likely they will be drug exposed. Drug exposed babies often have tummy issues. We chose to use Avent previously. They cost more, but its worth it when you have a barfy/gassy/etc baby. Some ideas for getting them cheaper: buy fewer and wash more frequently,coupons, buy used,register at buy buy baby & you get a coupon for a free one (via mail).

This time around I researched and chose Mam anti-colic bottles. These are also more spendy, so I liked them on facebook to get a coupon, use store coupons & work coupons, promotions,etc...

Also, keep an eye for deals in stores - I recently saw 5 packs of Dr Brown's bottles for $5 at Babies R Us! Dh really wanted to buy them when he saw how cheap they were, but I had already decided on Mam & have started buying them, so I said no. LOL
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:30 AM   #14
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

After baby was given formula in the nicu, he preferred evenflo (and likely other cheapies). I think it's because they were most similar to the nipples the hospital used. He just could not figure out tommee tippee.
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
HappyHowellHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Evenflo Zoo Friends 3.99 for 3 cute prints and we LOVE them!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
CaraJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to say the same thing. We tried Playtex Nursers, Tommee Tippee, Avent, and NUK, but my daughter loves the $0.97 bottles at Walmart! I bought them when we went on vacation, and it stuck. The best part is that she can hold them herself now!
CaraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
StephV
Registered Users
seller

I've used the most basic bottle they're about $1 a bottle and they worked just fine!
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
stlittleton
Registered Users

Of all the different types of bottles we have from tommee tippee to non name brand, my ds favorite is the gerber essentials. It's $3 for 3 of them. Can't be beat. I also really like the similac brand, they use to be $15 for 2 bottles, but the price dropped to $7 for 2 now at Target.
stlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Bananasmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

You could also buy at baby resale shops and just buy new nipples. Keep in mind some babies are really picky about nipples!
Bananasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you opposed to glass? The Evenflo ones are cheap and then you could put them in the dishwasher. Seems like you could use the time savings with foster kiddos! Thanks for being a foster mom!!
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote