Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
avonrepmi
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else have SUA and hydronephrosis

So at my 20 week u/s I was told that we are having a boy. YEAH for us.

We were also told that he only has 2 vessels in the cord not 3. that will make for a smaller baby. I have to do growth checks every 4 weeks so they can continue to monitor his growth. If he isn't growing as he should be, he will be early. I have done a lot of research and chances are really 50/50 it we make to 40 weeks.

They also found he has hydronephrosis. For those that don't know, that means his kidney has issues, and is enlarged. They will determine a better course of action when he is approx 33 weeks. Based on the size then will determine how severe it is and what we will have to do. Again research shows that not much will be done the first 2-3 weeks after he is born, but then based on how severe will determine what they do after that. Until he is a few weeks old, they won't really even know the reason.

This has now placed me in HIGH RISK. I am not overly excited about it, as that is making my bills sky rocket. Since I have to see my regular doctor AND the High Risk doctor. Plus by the time I have the little guy. I will have had min 8 u/s on him. And it could be more based on what they see at any of the ones that are scheduled.

Just wondering if anyone else has this, and would love to talk more about it.

Advertisement

avonrepmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
TheMamaSheep
Registered Users
Formerly: foursmore
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have SUA and hydronephrosis

Our second bub had a 2 cord vessel, but it didn't seem to affect the pregnancy or his size. He was born at 9.8#
Old 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
avonrepmi
Registered Users
seller

That's good to hear. I have heard from several people that know someone that had SUA, and they were all small. I couldn't imagine that big. So far my biggest has been 9
avonrepmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
lydwd
Registered Users

I am due with a boy January 15th and they said it looks like he has hydronephrosis as well. My OB wasn't concerned at all. I spoke with a friend who is one of the pediatricians I work with in the ER, and is also a neonatologist. She said not to be worried at my 20 week ultrasound about hydronephrosis. It is common for boys to have this at 20 week ultrasound and they usually grow out of it by the next one. We will see 10/29. Praying everything works out wonderfully for you.
lydwd is offline   Reply With Quote