Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Purchased something through ebay but delivered to wrong address UPDATE WITH OUTCOME

Anyone had this happen? I made an Ebay purchase & received a confirmation email. I noticed that it listed the incorrect address (I'm in NY & it listed CA). I emailed the seller with the correct info & just assumed that would take care of things. Since I hadn't gotten it yet, I went to check the tracking through PP & it showed as being delivered to an addy in CA on the 22nd. I just tried contacting the seller again & was curious if there's any chance of getting my item (from anyone's past experiences). I'm not sure how exactly PP or buyer protection through ebay works - it's been a couple years since I've sold online.

Advertisement

Last edited by CMamma; 09-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Purchased something through ebay but delivered to wrong address

Is your address correct on Ebay and Paypal?

If it was just some random address that is not linked to your account...I'm sure you would get a refund if you disputed it.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

have you ever lived at that address? like was it an old one you forgot to delete? if youre addy in PP and ebay are listed correctly i would file a dispute, i think you should get a refund
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There was someone about a month ago who had something like this happen. Some random address showed up to ship to. I can't recall what exactly happened. Maybe you could search for it and see what happened?
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would call Paypal today and talk to them about this. If you've never lived at that address and it's truly some random one, you should be able to get your money back.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
rohirette
Registered Users
seller

When you were making the purchase, did the correct address show, and only later in your confirmation email the wrong one showed up? I'm not clear.

If that California address is associated with your Paypal, then the seller was right not to change the address she shipped to. If it is random, then I'm curious to hear the resolution.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Everything got resolved today. The address that was entered into PP was done by PP, not me. My account got combined with another account somehow & it listed two addresses - my actual address & the other address where the item got mailed to (somehow it was put as the default address). My money was refunded to me minus shipping charges. The packaged was tracked through the DC & it got returned to the person I purchased from yesterday & then he refunded me. I'm ok with the outcome. A bit perturbed that PP didn't refund the shipping charges since it was their admitted mistake, but it wasn't the seller's fault so I don't see why he should lose out on the money either. But I'm glad something happened! And I'm glad I waited it out & didn't get upset & just leave bad FB for the seller. At first I assumed it was a scam, but it turned out to be neither of our faults!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMamma
Everything got resolved today. The address that was entered into PP was done by PP, not me. My account got combined with another account somehow & it listed two addresses - my actual address & the other address where the item got mailed to (somehow it was put as the default address). My money was refunded to me minus shipping charges. The packaged was tracked through the DC & it got returned to the person I purchased from yesterday & then he refunded me. I'm ok with the outcome. A bit perturbed that PP didn't refund the shipping charges since it was their admitted mistake, but it wasn't the seller's fault so I don't see why he should lose out on the money either. But I'm glad something happened! And I'm glad I waited it out & didn't get upset & just leave bad FB for the seller. At first I assumed it was a scam, but it turned out to be neither of our faults!
I would contact eBay/PayPal again and ask them to refund the shipping.

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum
Old 09-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Purchased something through ebay but delivered to wrong address UPDATE WITH OUTCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety612 View Post
I would contact eBay/PayPal again and ask them to refund the shipping.

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum
This. It isn't your fault that PP made a mistake.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote