Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diva Cup or Moon Cup? OR Mama Cloth?

Looking at ALL of the info on these and it's ALMOST as overwhelming as researching cds before ds was born!
So.... are there any differences between the diva cup and the moon cup? And is one more comfortable than the other? I like that the moon cup has a 3month money back guarantee and that it's made in the USA but I honestly didn't even know of any other brand but the diva cup until I started researching.
Or is mama cloth the way to go? I've debated on trying to sew my own but maybe there's a mainstream brand I'll like without breaking the bank.... I'm all ears!

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
StitchHappyMama.com
Registered Users
Formerly: mostlymerrymary
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diva Cup or Moon Cup? OR Mama Cloth?

I have a Lunette that I like for really heavy days. For lighter days I prefer mama cloth. There are a ton of size differences between cups so doing some research can really help with fit. Some are shorter (so if you have a low cervix during your period that would offer a better fit for you). Others vary in capacity, width, etc. This site is a decent resource for comparison.

ISO: Abeka Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 curriculum, soapmaking and body product making supplies IHA: diaper-sewing, custom mama cloth, more!
Need mama cloth? PM me
StitchHappyMama.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just ordered a Meluna cup... I'm a bit anxious.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

All of it! I love cups and cloth pads and use both. So glad I tried both. Sometimes I use one or the other, sometimes I use both. I recommend you try cups and cloth pads and you may be like me, in love with all of it!

As far as making your own pads goes, there are lots of free patterns and tutorials here and you can use materials you have already to make them!

ETA I have both the Diva Cup and the Moon Cup, just compared them and there is very little difference. Really the only thing is the Diva Cup seems to be just a bit softer.

Here are the post-childbirth sizes in both. Moon on the left, Diva on the right.

With these two as choices, I'd personally go with the cheapest one. FYI I got both of these from FSOT here.

Oh the stems were removed from both, not needed!

Last edited by GEM Cloth; 08-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
darci
Registered Users
seller

Here is another comparison http://menstrualcups.wordpress.com/2...arison-charts/

I really liked my Diva cup before I had DD although it did seem a bit stiff, I was happy with it and it worked great.
I got a Mooncup in the bigger size and I have some leak issues now so I also use a light cloth pad. I would like to find a cup that works great for me again, but haven't yet.
darci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The main thing you need to know about mama cloth is the different materials they are made of and the different lengths. When I was getting ready to buy I found this blog post informative: http://www.5minutesforgoinggreen.com/583/cloth-for-mama-are-you-crazy/
She also talks about cups. This link has FAQ about cloth and almost everything else you need to know about pads http://www.ecomenses.com/:
This link has the different kinds of pads: http://labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/clothpads/padstyles.html
4ShoreRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had NO IDEA there were so many different brands/sizes to choose from! There are literally TONS of options!
After doing some research, the Lunette looks promising.... although I am still iffy on which size will be best for me. Does anyone know where I can get the best price on one? I'm looking at the cost... I'd love to buy both the Lunette AND some mama cloth but can only afford one or the other for now.

Thanks so much mamas for all the helpful links and info!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I got a Lunette for my sister from Baby Half Off for $20 a couple of months ago, and wish I'd bought one for me too! If you have to choose between a cup and cloth, go with the cup and you can make some cloth pads or just cut up something and fold it up to use for backup, which you may or may not need. Later you could get some light pads/pantyliners to use as backup or for days when your flow is really light.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
croth7
Registered Users
seller

Another vote for the Lunette. I also purchased mine on Baby Half Off. I bought the size 1 and was a bit nervous that it wouldn't work but it fits perfectly after two babies and being over 30. No leaks and easy to get in and remove. I also love that it comes in different colours and a recyclable package.
croth7 is offline   Reply With Quote