Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Share your goals and progress for the day!

Hey everyone,

I know there are many different cleaning and decluttering threads going on in this subforum. But I thought it would be nice to have a general thread for all of us, regardless of our goals or what challenges we are currently undertaking (Mini Minimalist Challenge, Flylady, 40 Days, etc.).

It's motivating for me to see right in front of me what my goals or to-dos list are, and to share when they are completed. I like having some accountability. I thought it would be fun for us all to share. We could post before & after photos, pat each other on the back, and just be here to support each other as we work toward the goal of cleaner, more minimal households.

Want to join me?

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

Re: Share your goals and progress for the day!

Sure, I reached my kitchen goal...getting rid of some containers and glasses that somehow passed the first purge.
My next goal, is for tonight, after kids are in bed. I plan to go through 1/3 of my crafting stash, and see what's extra there. = )
Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's somehow almost 4pm already, but here is what I'd like to do today:

* 2 loads of laundry - DONE (and put away!)
* put away yesterday's clean laundry - DONE
* fold/put away clean diapers
* clean the stove top
* vacuum & mop the kitchen - DONE
* rehang laundry room curtains - DONE
* tidy up laundry room, vacuum/mop floor - DONE
* 20 minutes on paper clutter
* 20 minutes tidying/decluttering dining room
* 20 minutes decluttering/reorganizing kitchen closet
* evening: load/run dishwasher, wipe down kitchen sink and counters, tidy up living room - DONE
* go to Michael's and Goodwill

2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 08-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 08-26-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of course, right after I post this, my husband comes down and tells me that some friends want to take us out to dinner. I am tired, have a headache, and wanted to get this done, but we don't get to see these friends very often so we're going to go. Should be an interesting trip with 4 kids, 3 years and under, haha. But a lot of my list will have to wait for tomorrow now.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think I've done a darn thing today. Claiming amnesty. At least things don't look worse than they did yesterday. I've been in the process of keeping things clean but not cleaning out much. I actually want to make one last trip to Goodwill and then stop cleaning out for the next month (baby due in a few days). I actually did get around to labeling a few more bins in the playroom, and the diaper baskets in the girls' room. I tigthened the legs on some tables and chairs around the house :/.

BTW thanks for starting this. I'm not following a certain plan for cleaning out, just doing as much as I can whenever I feel like a little, so I'm glad to post here instead of the other threads where I'm definitely not following along as well!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.

Last edited by elizabeth.scalf; 08-26-2012 at 03:43 PM.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I managed to get quite a bit done in the limited time I had this evening. And my laundry room is clean and organized again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilewithme View Post
Sure, I reached my kitchen goal...getting rid of some containers and glasses that somehow passed the first purge.
My next goal, is for tonight, after kids are in bed. I plan to go through 1/3 of my crafting stash, and see what's extra there. = )
Hope you reached your craft stash goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I don't think I've done a darn thing today. Claiming amnesty. At least things don't look worse than they did yesterday. I've been in the process of keeping things clean but not cleaning out much. I actually want to make one last trip to Goodwill and then stop cleaning out for the next month (baby due in a few days). I actually did get around to labeling a few more bins in the playroom, and the diaper baskets in the girls' room. I tigthened the legs on some tables and chairs around the house :/.

BTW thanks for starting this. I'm not following a certain plan for cleaning out, just doing as much as I can whenever I feel like a little, so I'm glad to post here instead of the other threads where I'm definitely not following along as well!
No problem! I just had my baby at the end of July and am trying to get my house back to where I had it pre-baby. Plus there are a few areas that I want to reorganize. I'm just now starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of things enough to focus on our house a bit more, but need some motivation and accountability... hence the reason for this thread!

Rest up! And best of luck to you with your new arrival.

2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 08-26-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning.

I'm running on not much sleep, but luckily I'm feeling motivated to declutter, organize, and clean. My 2 year old is at my mom's, playing with her and his cousins, so if I can get my 4 week old to cooperate then I think I can be pretty productive.

I went to Michaels already this morning, founds some amazing deals. Not super minimalist of me, but I bought things that I have been wanting to get. And I scored a cute little dinosaur tail/headband thing for dress up (for $1.49!), as well as a felt board for my son (setting it aside for later, I'm starting to collect homeschooling and educational things for next year, since I think we're going to homeschool our son for preschool). I got 3 photo storage boxes on sale for $2 a piece, which I'm using as organizational bins (1 for my daughter's room, 2 for our pantry). So I got 3 bins for less than the price of 1 canvas bin from Target. I also got some wooden letters and a wall decal for our entryway (something I've been wanting to do for awhile). Oh, and a little painter's palate... rather than wasting paper plates each time my son wants to paint, now I have one reusable palate for him that is easy to wash.

Goals:
* laundry (clothes) - DONE
* laundry (diapers) - DONE (but need to be folded/put away)
* laundry (kids) - in the dryer
* go to Michaels - DONE
* dishwasher - DONE
* clean the stove top
* 20 minutes decluttering/cleaning the dining room
* declutter/reorganize the pantry - DONE
* declutter/reorganize the kitchen closet - DONE
* work on sorting, purging, and organizing kids clothes & accessories - only spent a few minutes on this
* vacuum living room and dining room rugs and floors
* mop living room and dining room floors
* 20 minutes decluttering, organizing, and cleaning the entryway

2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 08-27-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
My goals for today
1) finish up laundry for the weekend ( my clothesline broke so I am limited on drying space and it is slowing me down) ALMOST DONE
2) fix clothesline DONE
3) kids books purge STILL WORKING
4) another quick declutter session on my desk area DONE
5) remove paper clutter from the kitchen ( mail!!!!) that shouldn't be there in the first place
6) clean out car if it stops raining

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers

Last edited by Fashionably Green Baby; 08-28-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh I like this thread... I'm not following any of the specific threads either, just getting lots and lots of crap out of my house! Today I want to:

Purge kids stuffed animals and get down to one small tub. We have two big tubs crammed full of stuffies and we have already gone through it once (my DS loves them all, ugh)

Purge my craft closet and knitting cabinet - I want one big tub for my sewing/quilting and one big tub for my knitting. I want to limit myself to just one container for these hobbies - I need some sort of limit to keep me under control (especially with yarn!)

I'll try to take before/after pics and post again this afternoon.
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote