Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
snugsboutique
Registered Users
seller

Working with women...

is so exausting!

I work as an insurane broker in a small office with 3 other women. One is a close friend of mine so we get along well and if we have issues we are able to work it out because of our relationship.

However...there is another woman in the office and she is sort of like a 'supervisor' but without the official. She is really just the oldest and most experienced so I can see why she would feel obligated to that 'elavation', and why it seems she is closest to the manager.

The manager is not there very often, he comes in late, takes a long breaks, leaves early and doesn't work weekends. So I feel like he doesn't pick up on the abuse that is going on. He certainly doesn't do anything about it and gives my 'supervisor' special treatment and responsability...

Now by abuse I mean, my 'supervisor' abuses her power and exicutes it on me often becasue I am the 'new girl'. She has also favored another woman in the office and they have formed a kind of political team against me and my co-worker (who is a close friend of mine).

She is also very malicious and snarky regarding my requests. For example I had requested time off for a trip DH and I are going on and mentioned I may be taking some time off around December at christmas. (She makes the schedule more on that below). So she writes me an email saying that I inconvenience everyone when I request time off and there is no way I will be getting time off at christmas to see my family that I have not seen in 3 YEARS! I didn't respond...I didn't want to go there with her so I just sent my manager an e-mail asking him personally about my time off.

To go further into how abusive she is, only my friend and I are on an hourly payroll so our pay cheques relay on the hours we worked. For the past three months my friend has had her hours cut significantly since she started writing the schedule (the manager used to write it). My friend had to take her schedule into the manager and point out to him that she is short on a reasonable amount of hours per payroll.

I am so sad...I am getting alot of good experience but I am having a hard time getting over the emotional stress of working with women! Anyone have any experience or advice?

Advertisement

snugsboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww sorry mama.
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It's not necessarily women, it's THAT woman. I might consider beginning to CC the manager on your requests, and if she is over the line forwarding her responses to him. It's risky, but nothing will change unless someone changes it, KWIM?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote