Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
ClaireElise
Registered Users

More night weaning...

I notice that lots of us are having issues with this, but I wanted to post my question/issues too and see if anyone has BTDT.

My DD is 11 months. She is a terrible sleeper, since day one. She has not yet slept through the night. She rejected the bottle at 6 months, so my DH is unable to help with night feedings and I haven't used my brand new pump in months. She will wake up anywhere from 1-5 times a night, though most of the time it's 3. I haven't had a full night's sleep since I got preggo with her, and for the last 11 months, 4 hours a night (not in a row) is about as good as it gets. I am starting to get really frustrated, and resentful! I am so sleep deprived I don't know what I'm doing half the time - and I work outside of the home too!
She will not settle to sleep without being nursed first, which is fine during the day, but I really want to night wean her. It is NOT about nutrition because she is a great eater during the day and she is pushing 20 lbs now.
I cannot stand to listen to her cry, particularly in the night, which is how we got here. Any ideas?!

Advertisement

ClaireElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
mamma_z
Registered Users

Do you cosleep and nurse in bed, or do you have to get up to feed her? DS is a poor napper, but he sleeps well when I'm lying next to him. He nurses 3-5 times at night, but I just roll onto my side to help him latch and fall right back to sleep. We never intended to cosleep, but it was the only way for me to get enough sleep in the early months, and the easiest way for everybody to sleep still.
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: More night weaning...

My second I had to sleep with on couch 4 her to sleep. Then was ok in swing. Are you still wanting her to get bmilk? Or are you open to other option? I got pregnant & right away my supply decreased or dried so my at that time 14mo was nursing all the time.we both were unhappy & I switched her to almond milk & better since. Some I hear just get up & give paci or try foods b4 bed? Solids helped too.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote