Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

Anyone gain weight when you try to lose?

Maybe I just need to vent, but I have this weird problem where I pretty much stay the same or gain weight when I try to lose weight. I did INSANITY and gained 2 pounds. I'm doing a lot of supplements, etc. now and while I might lose inches, I gain weight. I did a medically supervised low cal diet and lost like 6 lbs in a month and a half on that...which I gained back once I started eating something other than Slimfast all of the time! I don't know what's wrong with me. It's really annoying. LOL

Am I the only one this happens to? If not, then can you share about your lifestyle, etc. so maybe we can help pinpoint what might be the cause? I don't get regular sleep and I don't eat at regular times (work as a paramedic, so I might go 14 hours without eating and might not sleep for 36). I drink a lot of water and eat healthy and don't overeat. Since beginning work at a new agency 4 months ago, I can't work out any more because my work hours are so ridiculous.

I have a lot of life stressors, but I'm a really positive person. I was on oral birth control until a month ago.

...and this is all I can think of that might be playing a factor. And the things above, I haven't figured out how to remedy (like eating at regular times and exercising)!

Thanks, ladies!

Advertisement

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

If you are losing inches, why do you care if you are gaining weight? Just because your net weight is up does not mean you are not losing fat. You are building muscle, and that's what is making your weight increase.

Once you have built muscle on par with your work out regime, your weight should slowly start to decrease. The more muscle you have, the more easily you will burn fat. You're only going to gain that muscle by gaining weight (at first) because your body's first reaction to strenuous physical exercise is not to shed fat - it takes time to get to that point.

I would encourage you to invest in a good body composition scale like an Iron Man model that will tell you your body fat percentage, muscle mass, water weight, etc. so you can see how that extra weight is broken down. Just looking at a number on a scale is pretty much useless. Measurements, body composition, and how you FEEL are much better gauges of the health of your body. Hope that helps!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote