Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Mini Minimalist Challenge 8/27-8/31

Mini Minimalist Challenge runs for the week, Monday-Friday, with weekends off. I will be posting the entire week of challenges in advance. I suggest, if you are able to, taking your weeks worth of donations and drop them off on Saturday/Sunday to avoid a new clutter spot. Out of sight, out of mind. Before and after pictures are great if you want to post them to inspire others. Suggestions welcome, please PM me. Lets get minimal ladies!!!

Week 24

Monday 8/27--makeup purge. Clear out in old mascara, funky lipstick colors, etc. A great time to clean or replace brushes.

Tuesday 8/28--diaper purge. Purge any unloved diapers or diaper accessories. Store outgrown diapers out of the way, if you think you will use them for another little.

Wednesday 8/29--purge at least 5 items from your kid's room. It can be clothing, toys, unused decor, etc.

Thursday 8/30--music purge. Purge 5 unloved mp3s, itunes, or CDs. Consider improving your organization if needed.

Friday 8/31--friday free day! Pick a hot spot and get after it!!

Happy purging, ladies!

**If these areas don't need attention in your home, feel free to substitute with an area that does. =-) Post here for company and encouragement!**

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge 8/27-8/31

Awesome choices!!! I love the diaper purge. I don't use them anymore but I have a bunch I need to finish sewing for SIL and that would be like purging since if I finish them they leave my house.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Awesome choices!!! I love the diaper purge. I don't use them anymore but I have a bunch I need to finish sewing for SIL and that would be like purging since if I finish them they leave my house.
Yes! How sweet that you are sewing diapers for her!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Love the ones this week - especially makeup!! Just got home from a getaway with DH, so I will do Mon / Tues tomorrow. I'm also headed back to work PT this week & FT next week, so it will be tough for me for the first few weeks of school at least!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Joluru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in! I just pared down dipes & have the medicine cabinet -where I store makeup -on my list for the week.
Joluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Trashed old mascara, 3 old eyeshadows, lip gloss, cj's sample I hate the smell of, old teeny small eyeshadow brush, ziploc baggies, 1 old blush & a few more things I forget now, lol. I feel bad I have abt 20 little jars of mineral makeup but I just can't part with them yet . I am pretty minimal on nailpolish though. I have 6 and 1 is a top coat & 1 is a crackle.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure about those diapers for tomorrow. Ugh. I will end up storing the not often used probably. Otherwise I will re-buy them (just prefolds & flips).

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok, did the diapers. I passed the 4 Flips & organic inserts on to my bed wetting 4 yo. Boxed up the flats & prefolds. Now I need to decide if the 3 new diapers I have OTW or just arrived are truly needed. I am loving the night sposie so we may need to keep that & ditch the fitteds & wool.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Diapers were too easy so I did my van. It needs cleaned like with soap & water & a vacuum but the hubs gets to do that since he promised. I gave him til Sunday. I cleaned the trash out.

Attachment 117788

Attachment 117789

Attachment 117790

Jodie ~ wife & mama

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 02-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
17 cds & 1 dvd purged. Yay!

Jodie ~ wife & mama