Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need advice / diaper suggestions for a large toddler

Need some opinions mamas: We are getting desperate, and I need a recommendation on a good toddler diaper... I'm talking a child that's over the 100th percentile in height / weight at 2.5 yrs, is 43.5 pounds and a little over 3 feet tall! We prefer fitteds or AIO's, but we do use some pockets. I'm open to trying WAHM brands or others I haven't heard of... she can fit a Sbish XL OBF decently, but her Goodmamas are starting to have an issue where the first set of hip snaps dig into her sides, as is the case with several other diapers. We got a Piddle Poodle toddler Cadillac off of DS, and that barely snaps on the first set of hip snaps, though we do like it. Any suggestions from anyone with a larger baby that has tried other brands? (Our daughter has special needs, is a VERY heavy wetter due to her size, and unfortunately our pediatrician doesn't feel she will PL any time soon, so we are needing something she can grow with.) Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!

Advertisement

indigoshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice / diaper suggestions for a large toddler

Have you looked at motherease bedwetters? I know they are intended for nights but they're sized for bigger kids and claim to hold 21 ounces!
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant4Christ View Post
Have you looked at motherease bedwetters? I know they are intended for nights but they're sized for bigger kids and claim to hold 21 ounces!
Thanks for trying to help! Coincidentally, we just destashed some that our older daughter had used for overnights and outgrew, but I don't think they would've fit our younger daughter either, as they are close in size. I think I need an actual diaper also, since with a pull on it's going to be harder to deal with messes.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you looked at Swaddlebees Simplex larges?
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pianissimo Cloth fitted - the mediums we have wore forever and are very generous.

The larges look HUGE.

Drybees AIOs (size large) are pretty good sized. They just about cross over on my chunky monkey nephew. He has grown out of his BG larges. He is 2 and weighs in the 30's. I watch him tomorrow so I can try to get a picture.

Also - Ruth at Snap-ez makes youth and adult diapers:

http://www.snap-ez.com/InfoPocketDiapers.html

Last edited by fish3737; 08-27-2012 at 11:22 PM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas... the large Simplex goes up to 35 pounds, and my daughter is almost 10 pounds over that. I believe we had one and it just didn't fit right. I haven't heard of Pianissimo, Drybees, or Snap-ez, so I'll have to look into that. Thanks again!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your daughter sounds like my son. He's 2 and over 40 lbs. He's also a very heavy wetter due to medical reasons. Right now we're using XL Sbish fitteds with XL Bummis snap wrap covers. I use a Cotton Babies Stay dry sock around the soakers to make it stay dry. I found that I can pin a Sbish large flat on him (it just bearly fits around his waist) or use it trifolded in a cover. I put a Motherease stay dry absorbent liner on top to make that stay dry.

I also use Flip Trainers with 2 of the inserts to hold more & those even have held up to over night. I put the top liner inside the Cotton Babies Stay dry sock to make it stay dry. He needs everything stay dry but can't tolerate fleece, only suedecloth & the Motherease athletic type fabric.

I haven't bought one yet but there are the Hiney Liney Big Kid diapers, too.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

You could take a look at GMD Workhorses. I'm not sure how well they would do for a heavy wetter, you may need to add some absorbency, but the green edged fit for a LONG time. My DS is 4 and a half, over 40lbs, and over 3ft tall, and he would still fit in them if he hadn't PT'd.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBusyBearcubs View Post
You could take a look at GMD Workhorses. I'm not sure how well they would do for a heavy wetter, you may need to add some absorbency, but the green edged fit for a LONG time. My DS is 4 and a half, over 40lbs, and over 3ft tall, and he would still fit in them if he hadn't PT'd.
Thank you, that sounds about her size!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
Your daughter sounds like my son. He's 2 and over 40 lbs. He's also a very heavy wetter due to medical reasons. Right now we're using XL Sbish fitteds with XL Bummis snap wrap covers. I use a Cotton Babies Stay dry sock around the soakers to make it stay dry. I found that I can pin a Sbish large flat on him (it just bearly fits around his waist) or use it trifolded in a cover. I put a Motherease stay dry absorbent liner on top to make that stay dry.

I also use Flip Trainers with 2 of the inserts to hold more & those even have held up to over night. I put the top liner inside the Cotton Babies Stay dry sock to make it stay dry. He needs everything stay dry but can't tolerate fleece, only suedecloth & the Motherease athletic type fabric.

I haven't bought one yet but there are the Hiney Liney Big Kid diapers, too.
We do LOVE the XL Sbish, just wish they weren't so bulky! It's such a bummer that they make no room for a diaper in clothes after 2t. We use longies and stretch leggings, but she can pull off anything without a button and strips naked! I have not tried the Bummis covers, thanks for the suggestion! We had some larger customs made from Zookies, but are having trouble getting the right fit, so maybe those would work for us too.