Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice / diaper suggestions for a large toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoshadow View Post
Need some opinions mamas: We are getting desperate, and I need a recommendation on a good toddler diaper... I'm talking a child that's over the 100th percentile in height / weight at 2.5 yrs, is 43.5 pounds and a little over 3 feet tall! We prefer fitteds or AIO's, but we do use some pockets. I'm open to trying WAHM brands or others I haven't heard of... she can fit a Sbish XL OBF decently, but her Goodmamas are starting to have an issue where the first set of hip snaps dig into her sides, as is the case with several other diapers. We got a Piddle Poodle toddler Cadillac off of DS, and that barely snaps on the first set of hip snaps, though we do like it. Any suggestions from anyone with a larger baby that has tried other brands? (Our daughter has special needs, is a VERY heavy wetter due to her size, and unfortunately our pediatrician doesn't feel she will PL any time soon, so we are needing something she can grow with.) Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!
Oh my gosh... I was going to totally suggest a Todder Piddle Poodle to you and that doesn't fit... hmm... Okay, OsoCozy makes adult AIO's but they are very expensive, they also make adults (I mean, you can get XS adult size) prefolds and covers. I think you should look into those.

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #12
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would honestly start looking into WAHMS! I know there are some on Etsy that specialize in larger diapers.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #13
TriciaN
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pianissimo size large or rainshine designs XL might work. Have you tried either of those?
TriciaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
mekjsk2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rainshine Designs XL diapers (fitteds, ai2s, pockets, aios), Orange Diaper Co. XL Loops, Bugga Bugga Boutique XL side snap fitteds, LittleBoppers XL fitteds (these you have to get through a custom order as she is not making the size regularly yet).
Melissa Mommy to DS#1 11/13/07 and DS#2 9/3/10

Melissa Kittle's Knits for Littles~Hand Knit Items~MKsKnitsforLittles
mekjsk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She can use the toddle Piddle Poddles, but the first hit snap digs into her hip because it can't meet it's first mate at the waist, if that makes sense. I have put in a message to Pianissimo, and she wrote that if I can land a custom slot, she'd be happy to make one for us. I also messaged Little Fancy Pants and Forty41. I will look into these others that you've all recommended investigating... OsoCozy, Rainshine Designs, Orange Diaper Co., Bugga Bugga Boutique, LittleBoppers... some of these I am not familiar with, so thanks for all of the suggestions!
indigoshadow is offline   Reply With Quote