Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Confessions...

I work outside of my home.

I cloth diaper...most of the time.
I'm good at washing laundry but I'm also good at living out of baskets.
I don't make everything from scratch...we occasionally eat processed foods...and enjoy it.
I hide chocolate from my kids because I don't want to share.
If I'm on time in the mornings my house is a wreck...if my house is clean I'm either late or having a ponytail day.
I have pulled clothes out of my hamper to wear them again (I of course do the sniff test).
I sit in my toy cluttered living room and watch one tv show without guilt.
My pinterest board is much more organized than my house.
I love my kids more than life...but there are days I wish for a mute button...and I'd give almost anything for it.

Anyone else?? Care to confess with me??

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Confessions...

I am at home and most of that fits me too! lol. I have no qualms with using sposies if I can get them cheapo-I have a whole stack of swaddlers sitting aside waiting for baby boy to make his appearance.

I do laundry regularly...both of the two laundry baskets we have currently have clean, unfolded laundry waiting in them.

While I am making more from scrach...I bought six bags of or-ida fries today, as well as 6 pks of fake o cheese. I have been working hard to get away from that but with the baby on the way, cheap and easy are beating out 100% from scratch.

I hide chocolate from my 3.5 yr old, my DH and my DD1...but I will totally sneak it to the 2 yr old because it's one of the few things she will eat. At least it's dark chocolate!

My house is usually a wreck. Not gross, but not neat either

BUT...I don't have a pinterest board. Of course, that's cause I spend too much time on like 15 million other message boards including here.

I love my kids too...sometimes I just wanna send them home with someone else...and I do sometimes
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I wish my daughter would back away from my bagel every morning. "I want a bite" is my least favorite phrase

My house is pretty clean and organized, but I am also nesting like crazy and get mad when people leave out dirty dishes.

I do laundry once a week (DD is potty trained). But I know with the newborn baby coming, we'll go back to laundry every other day. I sometimes waited until my DH gets home and told him I don't feel well so he has to help stuff diapers!

I often love working out of the home and sending my daughter to school so someone else can deal with her crazy! (But when she comes home, I love her hugs and kisses!)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

My kids need a mute button. An a separate button. An a "please eat your own food" button. Can someone invent a kid remote?

I haven't taken the trash out in months-all up to my husband. But it drives me insane when it sits by the door.

My little has a habit of kicking me in his sleep-which makes baby girl kick back-which makes mommy very cranky. So he now has a toddler bed butted up to our bed. But I still feel guilty for "kicking him out" even though it would've had to happen soon anyways.

I really suck at meal planning. And it's stressing me out.

I feel guilty for spending so much on culinary school only for my husband to cook almost every night, even though he assures me it's fine since my bp spikes when I stand too long.

Hum more confessions??? I dunno at the moment. I may come back and add some more though.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I hide chocolate too...

I re-wear clothes....

We eat Hamburger Helper at least once a week, and McDonald's too...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I WOH FT as does DH.
Our toilets get cleaned maaaaybe once/three weeks.
If DD drops food, I totally rely on the dogs to get it.
We will leave clean clothes in the basket so long the entire basket gets used.
If DH is not home, we don't even attempt the booster, DD just eats in my lap. From my plate.
I give DD my work blackberry to play with, in hopes she'll break it.
Carpeted areas are vacuumed oh, once every couple months.
At the farmers market i always get 2 artisan chocolates, as a snack while DD naps. It does not matter what the budget looks like... We always have money for those.
i am not looking forward to the day when dd is old enough that i have to hide chocolate.
I do not have, have never had, will never have, a facebook account.

Last edited by DottieHarley; 08-28-2012 at 10:46 AM.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gosh, I'm so with you ladies! OP, that's just like my house! Except it's chips instead of chocolate...I'm a chipoholic.
Most of mine have already been listed above, but here's some extras:

I forget clothes out on the line until they're sunbleached and almost ruined.

If not for fast food, we'd not eat on weekends.

The floor gets swept when I can't walk through it without stuff sticking to my feet, same for carpets.

I can get the dishes done, but they sit in the drainer till they're all used and it's time for another load or two.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ohh... I gots one! My son had spaghettos with meatballs two nights in a row last week.

oh... and this... I'm supposed to start work at 7:10, but no one is in my office except me until 8 about, so I usually stroll on in at about 7:30 and play on the internet until about 8.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I hide chocolate too...

I re-wear clothes....

We eat Hamburger Helper at least once a week, and McDonald's too...
Oh I totally forgot about Hamburger Helper. I might add that to our food rotation.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thank you all for making me feel more normal...I read all the posts on here about the mamas who eat only organic and make all food from scratch and recycle everything and are 80% self sustained and...you get the picture. It's stupid that I feel guilty.

I'm a much better mom when I don't spend all my time in the kitchen or cleaning.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote