Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley
If DD drops food, I totally rely on the dogs to get it..
Totally!!!!!!

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My house is never clean by "mom" standards.

I make my kids share a meal with us when we go out to eat.

I can't get Ethan to eat dinner and I don't make him.

I'm not above processed foods if they are for everyone, but me (gluten sensitive)

I only clean toilets when they are visibly dirty.

I drive a big SUV and love it!

I drink a coke daily.

I love my kids, but would be thrilled if they could get to the.point of playing NICELY together.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Confessions...

My biggest confession: I LIKE being a WOHM.

I would only quit my job and be a SAHM if I had to because we couldn't afford daycare, and I would be upset.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Confessions: (and just to explain, I own/run a preschool and childcare center)

My kids go to work with me, and I love it. But I also love that I can send them back to their classrooms as needed.

I work more than I should, partly becuase my house is messier than my office and my kids love my school.

We eat out 4-5 nights a week. I drive thru for breakfast 5 days a week. My lunch is whatever someone picks up for me from a restaurant 5 days a week.

I have a cleaning lady, and more often than not she spends more time cleaning up toys on the floor than actually cleaning the house.

Laundry is almost always clean, but never put away. The only thing I fold and put away consistently is diapers.

I watch TV every evening as my unwinding time. Generally I have at least 2 kids in my lap during that time, so I use it as my excuse for "cuddle time".

Each child has a chore each day, partly to teach them responsibility, but also so I don't have to do it.

I adore my children, but there are many days I could live without my 14 yr old's attitude. I sometimes wish I could send him to military school so he won't "infect" the younger kids.

I shower daily, but I haven't actually fixed my hair in over 3 months (wet hair in a bun every day).

I wear yoga pants and t-shirts to work every day, and I haven't worn a real bra in over 3 years. I still wear nursing camis even though my youngest weaned 2 months ago. Comfort is key to my happiness.

ETA: I sometimes act super busy, and then get on DS to relax for a bit in the middle of the day....like now.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm certain there are more!

Last edited by MomToMyMonkeys; 09-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #15
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly View Post
I work outside of my home.

I cloth diaper...most of the time.
I'm good at washing laundry but I'm also good at living out of baskets.
I don't make everything from scratch...we occasionally eat processed foods...and enjoy it.
I hide chocolate from my kids because I don't want to share.
If I'm on time in the mornings my house is a wreck...if my house is clean I'm either late or having a ponytail day.
I have pulled clothes out of my hamper to wear them again (I of course do the sniff test).
I sit in my toy cluttered living room and watch one tv show without guilt.
My pinterest board is much more organized than my house.
I love my kids more than life...but there are days I wish for a mute button...and I'd give almost anything for it.

Anyone else?? Care to confess with me??
Oh mama you hit the nail on the head here! I am with on just about all of your confessions you left no room for me
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sometimes I read blogs and posts on DS that make me feel like a terrible mom...reading all your confessions makes me giggle and love that I'm not alone!!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dream Dinners
No hair do
No makeup
I wear hiking shoes, men's 10.5 wide, everyday.

My husband has a coconut water habit that I find assinine - especially when he sips it out of a tiny straw juice-box style.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I WOH full time and so does DH.

~I actually like the fact that I have to leave the house by 6am. DH has to deal with the morning crazies and get the boys up, dressed, fed, and off to school/daycare. All I have to do is feed the dog and let her out.

~I am home Tues-Sat with the boys at night. (DH works nights) I do not cook, eventhough I have a degree from a culinary school. We eat leftovers, something from the freezer, or cereal. We eat out fast food at least once a week. some nights I just cut up a bunch of fruits, veggies, cheese, deli meat, and set out crackers and put on a big plate and we all graze all night long.

~My house is rarely picked up. Toys get left out, there is usually at least one basket of clean laundry waiting to be folded

~Lately I have been letting the boys watch TV while I take a nap/rest almost every afternoon.

~Any food dropped on the floor is for the dog.

~Yogurt, grapes, other easily eatable food is always in reach for the boys so I don't have to always get them snack. They can help themselves.

~Friday nights we go get custard after I pick them up from daycare (around 4ish) and then have a movie night and I let them eat popcorn on the couch. That is usually supper.

~The main bathroom floor only gets cleaned because I usually have to wipe up water from bath time. The boys get more baths mainly becasue the will play in the bath and not make a huge mess for an hour if I let them. I can sit down and read a book or play on the computer.

I am sure there are more
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sad that my dog is now so old that she is picky about what dropped food she eats.

I am stoked that my kids have reached minion phase so that I can make them do the chores around the house that I hate.

We eat out more than we should.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #20
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

My major one is:

I enjoy work because then I don't have to hear DH and DD yell at each other.