Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Etsy-delivered but not really

Yay thought this was interesting.

I ordered something, DC says delivered on the 15.. Thought neighbor might have gotten it. No one has brought it to me yet (btw, this has happened before) and so I email seller and let her know that it did not arrive and if it ends up back in her hands, lmk,

Today, she messages me. It was returned to her.

'no such address'

Interesting how USPS declared it delivered, huh???!?!!

Advertisement

__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Umm_Ibraheem's Avatar
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,183
My Mood:
Re: Etsy-delivered but not really

At least the seller was honest but that is STRANGE.
__________________
WAHM to DS 10|08, DD 09|10, Rainbow DD 01|13.
Wife to a bearded one. Childhood Leukemia Suvivor. Got amazon!
*please don't quote me so I can delete if needed thanks*
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem
At least the seller was honest but that is STRANGE.
Right?!!? I had a different postman during this too.

But I had some diapers awhile back, say delivered and I inquired to the postmaster as to why I didn't have them. And he spoke to the post man who remembered putting on my very private porch.. Hm. Nope. He delivered to my number, on a different street. Never have issues with FedEx or ups. Lol
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Emmers22185's Avatar
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,613
Re: Etsy-delivered but not really

That stinks. Seems like the PO is getting notorious for issues like this. Not the same, but we have our mail forwarded, including all magazines, etc. and the PO still refuses to deliver my magazines to our new address. They keep leaving them in the old mail box that is more than 30 minutes away. I just want them to do what they said they would.
__________________
Emily, wife to D , most of the time SAHM, part time sign language interpreter
Mama to S 5/29/09, A 1/27/11, H 11/16/12, C 11/6/14, and .
Emmers22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
jjgammon's Avatar
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 660
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers22185
That stinks. Seems like the PO is getting notorious for issues like this. Not the same, but we have our mail forwarded, including all magazines, etc. and the PO still refuses to deliver my magazines to our new address. They keep leaving them in the old mail box that is more than 30 minutes away. I just want them to do what they said they would.
It has something to do with magazines being a different class of mail. 2nd I believe. They will not forward them at all. I asked once at the P.O. and that's the answer I got.

Sent from my old beater Android with no phone service because we're THAT broke.
__________________
Jessica - Wife to Rickey & SAHMama to Kahlan (3/29/08) & Elliott (3/29/11)
No, those birthday's aren't a typo either.
My eBay seller feedback & Etsy shop feedback
My ISO/IHA thread
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgammon

It has something to do with magazines being a different class of mail. 2nd I believe. They will not forward them at all. I asked once at the P.O. and that's the answer I got.

Sent from my old beater Android with no phone service because we're THAT broke.
I think that's right. You have to calm the magazine directly? I think
It says on them, no forwarding service.. But idk. Been awhile.

But USPS is just getting worse and worse!
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
jjgammon's Avatar
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 660
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Right?!!? I had a different postman during this too.

But I had some diapers awhile back, say delivered and I inquired to the postmaster as to why I didn't have them. And he spoke to the post man who remembered putting on my very private porch.. Hm. Nope. He delivered to my number, on a different street. Never have issues with FedEx or ups. Lol
My mail carrier is very nearly perfect. But getting a package on her day off is dangerous business. Her fill-in carrier has a bad habit of mixing up my packages with those belonging to the house exactly 1 block up the street.

Sent from my old beater Android with no phone service because we're THAT broke.
__________________
Jessica - Wife to Rickey & SAHMama to Kahlan (3/29/08) & Elliott (3/29/11)
No, those birthday's aren't a typo either.
My eBay seller feedback & Etsy shop feedback
My ISO/IHA thread
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgammon

My mail carrier is very nearly perfect. But getting a package on her day off is dangerous business. Her fill-in carrier has a bad habit of mixing up my packages with those belonging to the house exactly 1 block up the street.

Sent from my old beater Android with no phone service because we're THAT broke.
So frustrating! Especially since DC says delivered. In this day and age, I want a picture to prove you put it on my porch!
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
MommyZ of 2's Avatar
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Baltimore Area
Posts: 778
My Mood:
I've had my packages delivered elsewhere also. My stupid neighborhood decided to have three cul-de-sacs and number the houses the same in each one, so there's 2 more houses here that are also 4444, but with different court names. It causes chaos with mail delivery!
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Emmers22185's Avatar
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,613
Re: Etsy-delivered but not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgammon View Post
It has something to do with magazines being a different class of mail. 2nd I believe. They will not forward them at all. I asked once at the P.O. and that's the answer I got.

Sent from my old beater Android with no phone service because we're THAT broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I think that's right. You have to calm the magazine directly? I think
It says on them, no forwarding service.. But idk. Been awhile.

But USPS is just getting worse and worse!
On the mail forwarding form there is an option to have your magazines forwarded for a shorter amount of time (not the full year). We chose this option knowing the magazine would not change the address for this last mailing (I had contacted them, but they mail bi monthly and it was already set for being mailed and they told me they would not change the address until the next mailing). The USPS said they would forward if the option was checked.
__________________
Emily, wife to D , most of the time SAHM, part time sign language interpreter
Mama to S 5/29/09, A 1/27/11, H 11/16/12, C 11/6/14, and .
Emmers22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.