Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Hoping for a VBAC...

It can, and I'm sure something I read mentioned statistics that Epi does increase the odds of section, although I doubt I could lay hands on it now. However, I had both an induction and an epi and still managed to vbac. In fact I have my doubts that I could have done it without the epi - the pitocin induced contractions were so powerful and painful I was tensing up terribly. The epi let me relax, which let me dilate. However, my mother's epi with my sister stalled her labor, and only accidentally doing the splits on the hospital room floor restarted it.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
mindylikeomg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for sharing your stores.

mindylikeomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

I want a VBAC but the thought of no epi is really scary.

With my first that I actually did manage to birth vaginally, I think I got the epi to early and it slowed my contractions. I ended up with a fever. She got stuck somewhere in there, but seh finally came out. Second was c-section due to weight. blah!
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

An epidural is the whole reason I was ABLE to have my vbac! Sometimes, it helps you to relax (marathon labors, etc.) and be able to dilate. As soon as I got it, I went from 0% effaced, 0cm dilated to baby 18-hrs after getting my epi. This was at 41.5-wks and after two days + in labor already.

Wish I would have known about epidurals sometimes helping. Maybe wouldn't have had a c-sec with my first after 24-hrs without anything.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
edgbar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a c/s with my first, and I have always felt that the reason my DS didn't descend was because with the epidural, I don't think I could feel where I needed to be pushing. That's just my experience.

My VBAC was quite an adventure, because my DD was a precipitous delivery...as in, she was almost born in the car outside the entrance of the hospital! I had labored 30 hours with my son; with her my total labor from first contraction to birth was 2 1/2 hours. I actually didn't have regular contractions until a little over an hour before she was born. I literally got wheeled into triage at L & D, changed, laid down, water broke, and started pushing. No joke! Having had both the VBAC and the c/s with the epidural, I would opt again for the VBAC. I had some complications (a bad laceration) but I would still go for the VBAC. It can definitely be done, and the recovery was so much better than the c/s in my opinion.

My etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/odaleefibers

edgbar is offline   Reply With Quote