Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Turning breech during labor - anyone else?

DD turned breach during active labor (7cm dilated, water broken, epidural in), so we ended up with an emergency section. I'm told it's rare to have a baby turn from head down and engaged to completely breech during labor.... anyone else's baby turn?

Advertisement

Baby2pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: Turning breech during labor - anyone else?

i've heard of it happening to a friend-of-a-friend. so sorry it happened that must have been painful!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Camsmom13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank goodness for modern medecine. That's what c-sections should be for. I too had an emergency c-section for a different reason. I had a full 10cm dilated material labour but my little man was stuck, his head and neck were prone, he was presenting chin up and couldn't descend past my hips. It was a very painful labour and the epidural failed to provide relief. To top it off, when they broke my water there was extrely thick meconium. I was allowed to labour 2 more hours like that, finally a shift change happened and a more experiences doctor and nurse team came on duty and called emergency c-section ASAP. I was devastated at first. But then it was a relief. My son was born not breathing with an apgar score of 4, pea soup like meconium in his lugs and two collapsed lungs. He was transferred to anothe hospital and we were seperated for 4 days. But, alls well that ends well, he's now a strong 3 month old. Sometimes babies just do weird things in labour, thank goodness we have emergency options. I hope you and your little one are adjusting well now!
Camsmom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

While it did not happen to me I did that to my mother . My sister (who is older) was breech and my mom was so happy that I was head down. BTW, they used to allow breech without c-section. Apparently breech labors are more painful. Up until about 10 minutes before pushing I was head down then everyone could see me turn in her stomach. Sure enough I was breech. Sorry that happened to you.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Yes it can happen Momma, but it is rare. Sorry you ended up with a c-section, but rest assured from someone that delivered a sunny-side up (OP) babe in December vaginally, it was the most painful experience of my life, and I am now rather incontinent as a result. Hindsight being 20/20, a c-section might have been better for me.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
weissone
Registered Users
seller

Yes! I was on my way to a successful natural unmedicated VBAC with DS and he flipped breech during active labor But my c section this time was a much more positive experience. The hardest part was getting the epidural in preparation for survey while in transition
weissone is offline   Reply With Quote