Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #21
mummybelfield
Registered Users
seller

Re: help my homemade Christmas!

These are awesome ideas, I am going to have to keep an eye on this thread too!

Advertisement

mummybelfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't know what your relationship is with the twelve year old, assuming your child?
Maybe some little lady mama cloths? May not be appropriate, your judge.
ISpy bags? My kids don't care for theirs
Wooden puzzles?
Age appropriate recipe books? Obviously cooking with adult supervision, but they can each have a book and grocery bag of supplies for their recipes.
Picture books. My Grammy has done this for all kids. Take a photo album and fill with pictures. Could be photos, pressed leaves or flowers, small memento items, and clippings from magazines. Each book turns out unique and a keep sake in my family. Also so good for car trips or as special occasion distraction.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #23
davispigeon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Great ideas! I'm so making my almost 4 yo girls bean bags to juggle with and aprons (they love to help cook dinner).
I made a little notions bag for my Grandma this year...McCalls pattern, I think. Lots of nifty little pockets and can be used for storing all sorts of little things.

Who are the Obtainium Fairies?
Find out on the Kickstarter campaign at http://kck.st/QfJHbI
davispigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found a DIY project to make a dress up wardrobe using an old chest dresser found around the house or at a Salvation Army etc. You remove the top drawers and leave the bottom, sand & paint, & put in a hanging rod at the top. It is so cute and is a special place to store all dress-up items. I found it on Pinterest. I'm making a bunch of dress up things to go with it. I also saw a tablecloth playhouse/fort. It fits over a dining room table, but hangs down to the ground. It has a split for a door and sewn on fabric for windows, flower boxes, etc.
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
davispigeon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liaklong View Post
I found a DIY project to make a dress up wardrobe using an old chest dresser found around the house or at a Salvation Army etc. You remove the top drawers and leave the bottom, sand & paint, & put in a hanging rod at the top. It is so cute and is a special place to store all dress-up items. I found it on Pinterest. I'm making a bunch of dress up things to go with it. I also saw a tablecloth playhouse/fort. It fits over a dining room table, but hangs down to the ground. It has a split for a door and sewn on fabric for windows, flower boxes, etc.
I LOVE this idea! I sadly don't have the room for something like that. Do you have photos?

Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liaklong View Post
I did this last year. I did one side the front door with mailbox and velcro flowers so (in theory) I could make seasonal flowers she could remove and put on (like hearts for Valentine's Day or Easter Eggs...but I never got around to it so it always has flowers), one side I made a kitchen, another side is a classroom and the last side is the post office (DH works at USPS)

I'll upload some photos and will brb to post them. In the meantime, here's the WIP as I was making it: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6850592&type=3

Last edited by divabeadz; 09-18-2012 at 05:25 PM.
divabeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #27
davispigeon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Great project. FB won't let me see the pics tho

Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry for the crappy pics - these were before dh built the frame to go under it b/c I made it a couple inches larger on each side than a card table.

Door rolls up and has a velcro strap to keep it open.

Packages on the mail sorting table are labeled with each of the grandparents names and addresses on it...lol. The black boxes are to sort felt mail into.

The fridge and freezer open and have velcro strips to attach food to and the pots/pans on the stove top can have food placed into them as well.

The bookshelf in the classroom has 4 velcro books (all classics!), a chalkboard with velcro and 3 "bins" to store pieces in.

Sorry my fb link didn't work. I'll see if I can change the privacy setting so you can see it.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davispigeon View Post
Great project. FB won't let me see the pics tho
should be fixed now
Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
LindsiLu
Registered Users
seller

You could do a spa theme gift for the 12 yo. Make her a hair towel and a wrap towel, include some scented oils, or lotions. A jar with a small amount of french green clay that she can use to make a face mask with. My daughters love that stuff.
LindsiLu is offline   Reply With Quote