Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: A diaper sale that went south...what to do?

i can see why she would want the bag, although i don't really think it's a big deal. if you don't have the bag to offer to sell her, Maybe just ask her to send it back and tell her you'll give her a refund. Chances are she's wants it bad enough that she won't want to do that, but at least you offered. And if she does send it back i'll bet you can resell it for just as much by describing it as "new out of the baggie"

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Send her the bag and be done with it. Seems pretty silly to me. Probably she was putting in on a shelf instead of her kid's butt?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Seriously? Generic zip lock type bag? Oh for frog's sake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i dont know, on one had ya its pretty silly, but NIP means just that new in package, so if i bought something that was listed as NIP i would be annoyed if it came out of the package. Im not sure what resolution i would offer, does she want a refund? or just the bag? id see what shes looking for and go from there
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Do you have any of those wahm bags around? I know they arnt ziplocks i forget the name. If you have some around id just mail her that bag if not refund her the cost of the bag? I think they are maybe .50 or something like that? You can buy them in bulk
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe she was wanting to give it as a gift? I'd offer to send her a bag to put it in. I've purchased NIP/NIB/NWT items to use as gifts and would have been pretty upset if it came without the packaging.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I can understand being upset if the packing was marked or specific (like flips or a cardboard piece). And even being slightly annoyed if it was generic and not there. But if it is a generic unmarked bag, I would think sending her one would suffice. Generic and unmarked wouldn't be a big deal to me even if gifting, as I cold just grab one and then wrap or box. Would I expect it to be in a bag? Sure. But if the bag was generic, it's easily replaceable. I'd send the bag or the cost of one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
mommasave36
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak_955 View Post
Maybe she was wanting to give it as a gift? I'd offer to send her a bag to put it in. I've purchased NIP/NIB/NWT items to use as gifts and would have been pretty upset if it came without the packaging.

This exactly! It seems petty to complain that it wasn't in the original package but that's how it was advertised and that's how the buyer expected it to arrive. Def ask the seller how you can make this right even if it includes a partial refund. If you don't want to go that route, then you'll need to offer a full refund. Either way, you'll be out a few bucks and it's best to try to fix the error and keep the buyer happy.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #19
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She's being a little ridiculous, but I'd personally just send the bag in a regular stamped envelope.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, how dumb! Even if a WAHM diaper came in a baggie, I wouldn't consider it packaging. None of the WAHM dipes I have bought came in a baggie. If they did, it would certainly be something I would discard if I was giving it as a gift. DO NOT refund any money for a little plastic bag. Just because you took it out of a bag does not mean it isn't NIP...considering there really isn't any packaging. It was never used, so it is still brand new, Yes, you could have better described that there technically wasn't any packaging but you shouldn't do anything but apologize. My friend sends her hats in a plain plastic bag just to have another layer under the polymailer. If she throws a fit and wants money in return for the plastic bag have her send the diaper back for a refund or refund $.10...because I am sure that's how much the WAHM spent on the bag.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote