Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: freezer cooking?

for vegetarians i bet there are plenty of pasta dishes and soups as well.

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
brookglen
Registered Users

Yeah, soup is really my go to freezer meal. I've never successfully frozen pasta meals without the pasta seeming off.

Rachael, once every few months I do "burrito madness" where I spend a whole night making a pile of burritos. I've never thought to freeze them. Should I do anything different before I freeze them?

Last edited by brookglen; 08-28-2012 at 02:35 PM.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

There is always Week in a Day with Rachael Ray. . . I bet some of those are good.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone want to post their favorite recipes? I'm hoping to do this again..but better We have a chest freezer and last time I froze spaghetti sauce, enchiladas, lasagna and soup. I'm hoping to jump start my storage after Thanksgiving. I have some recipes on Pinterest...but I want some tried and true ones too.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had the intention but never got to it. I made freezer meals for friends to have on hand when they got home from the hospital so I was fortunate to have them do the same for me. I would really love to try some new recipes!!! Lets have a recipe thread!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah, recipes would be great! i remember with my second i started when i was in my 3rd trimester and thought, i should have started this earlier. but i didn't do big all at once sessions. i doubled or tripled meal as i went along. i also remember thinking i wish i had started earlier so i could use some at the end of pregnancy as well.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made freezer meals with my first, but not with the last two. I honestly just kinda bounce back into my normal routine....I don't really find cooking with a newborn to be much of a hassle at all. I babywear alot so that probably helps.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did this with #2, but everything I made had cheese in it and DD ended up being unable to tolerate any milk or soy proteins in my diet, so I didn't get to eat ANY of it

Although, it was helpful when we had people over, we didn't have to worry about cooking for others (am I the only one who doesn't have visitors bearing food after baby is born? I am obviously doing something wrong...).

I will definitely do it again, but I will make it a point to make stuff w/o cheese or that you can add cheese to later. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas and recipes!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am definitely planning on doing this. Last time I only made enough for a little over a week, but I'd like to plan for longer this time. Hopefully at least 2 weeks but more would be great. I was afraid to do it before because our deep freezer would sometimes ice over or completely defrost, which ruined everything in it. We just got a new one though that appears to be working perfectly so I'm hoping to get at least 2-3 weeks put in there. I will be starting to look for good recipes in addition to what I already have soo but probably will not start prepping stuff until much later in the pregnancy. Probably sometime between 30-34 weeks.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
LuvtheBeach
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you google freezer cooking there are some great sites that have tons of recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner items. They even have once a month cooking guides with the shopping lists.
LuvtheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote